Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
61 - 68 of 68 Posts
Didn't get in either. Try again next year. We can take our money and spend it on the "24 hours in the sage". Same weekend and in CO (Gunnison). Has anyone here raced the "24 hrs In The Sage" that can give any feedback on it? Thanks.

KMA said:
Didn't get in either. Try again next year. We can take our money and spend it on the "24 hours in the sage". Same weekend and in CO (Gunnison). Has anyone here raced the "24 hrs In The Sage" that can give any feedback on it? Thanks.
I'm interested to hear about this as well.

Has anyone done the Leadville 50? How about the 24 hour race in September?

KMA said:
The Sage is fun. Laid back, completely different than the LT100.

I think this was my only year I want to attempt the lottery. It's so expensive and so random. Just the fact that you can't do it with friends any more is really a downer. There's plenty more races that will be much more entertaining than this one. This race just got put WAAAAAAAAY down on the priority list. Maybe I'll try again in another 10 years. Probably not. HC100, B100, CCP100 here I come.

The site is available to register for the 50 mile mtb and 50 mile run. Having done a couple of the leadville 50 milers I will have to say it is a good challenge and costs 1/3 of the $ as compared to the LT100. And there is no lottery :D

Perspective: Leadville costs $15 just for the right to try for a spot, and $275 more if you actually get one. I'm doing a 'spring classics' tour in Belgium/France in early April, which includes participation in the citizens' Tour of Flanders the day before the real thing. I wasn't sure exactly what it was going to cost because of fluctuating currency conversion rates, but the charges just hit my cc account. $41. Would've been cheaper, but I opted to go big time and buy the commemorative t-shirt for an extra 10 euros.

Of course, they can afford not to charge so much. They'll have roughly 17,000 participants to share the costs, and I don't think they're trying to base an entire town's economic viability on the event.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.