Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I raced Leadville in 2006, was running Spec S-Works Roll-X tires, worked great but they no longer make them, I have a few sets of tires, one S-Works Captain, one S-Works Roll-X, two Fast Trax LK controls.

what do you guys recomend? I want light weight/fast rolling but don't want to risk flatting.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
semi-slicks

I've always (6 times) used semi-slicks, pumped up to 50 psi front and 55 psi rear, without any flats. You want to minimize rolling resistance. There's not much rough stuff on the course. Good luck and have fun.

·
Registered
133 Posts
any of these 29er's?

Zignzag said:
I've always (6 times) used semi-slicks, pumped up to 50 psi front and 55 psi rear, without any flats. You want to minimize rolling resistance. There's not much rough stuff on the course. Good luck and have fun.
Which ones, any 29er's? Thanks...

·
SS Chimp
525 Posts
johnbomc said:
Which ones, any 29er's? Thanks...
Aside from round tires being the #1 concern the course is actually quite sandy at the moment. If we don't get the normal moisture it could be a very slow year. That said, Hutchinson Pythons, 29 or 26, seem a good balance for the course independent of the conditions.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi,

I am going to Leadville for the first time and picked a
Kenda small block for the rear (2.1) and nanoraptor race (2.1) for the front.
I run them with tubes. I have been using a mutanoraptor race 2.4 on the front with a panaracer fire xc 2.1 on the rear with slime tubes for goat head thorns.
The new tires will be a little lighter and I will ditch the slime tubes.

I read some race reports and it does sound like semi slicks are used by some riders.
I went a little more cautious and picked something with more tread. I would rather be a little "over treaded" then under, not having been on the course.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Stans Crows

Who has run Stan's Crows in the race? Front and Back, Back only? Any issues with them on the course? They are fast, but I'm slightly concerned about the cornering on the front.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.