Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Time to go farther
1,338 Posts
Give me more!

We'll know if we're in soonish at least (Feb). Now that I've exorcised my demons from 2005 I'm looking for a whole different experience in Leadville. I said I wasn't going back but it's just so much fun there so my entry is printing and my checkbook got caught running for cover :)

·
Which way? Uphill.
833 Posts
Forms printed, check written, just need a stamp (who mails stuff anymore?). It feels so archaic to send payment by mail, I'm too used to online payment options.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Count me in........

.......or at least in for sending in an entry form - Here's hoping for the luck of the draw, then the real work begins :D Get to love sitting a spinning out nice long climbs :| with an average overall ride speed of over 11mph to get a Gold & Silver buckle.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The times they are a changing

nepbug said:
Forms printed, check written, just need a stamp (who mails stuff anymore?). It feels so archaic to send payment by mail, I'm too used to online payment options.
Humm….now that I think about it the last time I dug out the ol check book was for last year's Leadville, my my how times do change……

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Entry Form Is In Leadville

Label/Receipt Number: 7005 1820 0002 3584 0508

Your item was delivered at 12:04 PM on January 6, 2007 in LEADVILLE, CO 80461.

·
holding back the darkness
1,734 Posts
anyone have any idea about the group entry option? If you send your entries in the same envelope (limited to six) does that mean that you are accepted or rejected as a group, or that you are just saving postage and all entries are considered independent of each other?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Group Entry

subliminalshiver said:
anyone have any idea about the group entry option? If you send your entries in the same envelope (limited to six) does that mean that you are accepted or rejected as a group, or that you are just saving postage and all entries are considered independent of each other?
I believe you would be accepted/rejected as a group

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
You guys are waiting pretty late to be getting those entries in :eek: I sent mine registered about 9 days ago and hope it gets there in time (would think 2+ weeks would be enough) - damn idiots at the post office said I could go online and track it, but that's only for Express mail, not registered.

Man this waiting is driving me crazy, not to talk about the anticipation on actually going to a great location to just flat out do some great riding and wonderful scenery. Man winning a nice little lottery right now would do me so good :D I could stop stressing and buy that nice shinny new Anthem Race Bike I want and then totally outfit the Trance as an AM build and.......... :) Oh to dream :D

DC_MTB said:
I'm sending mine in tomorrow. I hope it gets there in time.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
For those who just cant wait to find out:

LyNx said:
You guys are waiting pretty late to be getting those entries in :eek: I sent mine registered about 9 days ago and hope it gets there in time (would think 2+ weeks would be enough) - damn idiots at the post office said I could go online and track it, but that's only for Express mail, not registered.

Man this waiting is driving me crazy, not to talk about the anticipation on actually going to a great location to just flat out do some great riding and wonderful scenery. Man winning a nice little lottery right now would do me so good :D I could stop stressing and buy that nice shinny new Anthem Race Bike I want and then totally outfit the Trance as an AM build and.......... :) Oh to dream :D
Last year some of us were checking to see when/if our checks cleared.:eek: If your name is drawn the check will clear a couple of days before you get the official notification in the mail.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
subliminalshiver said:
You should be accepted as a group. If you have like six finishes and everyone else has none this might be a risky option, just food for thought. The group entry is actually a good idea though, sent mine in with five others myself. Good Luck to all of us!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Pivvay said:
Sent ours in as a small group earlier in the month. We've alway been accepted as a group up to this point.

Going to try it SS this year if we get in. App was SS crazy decorated :)
Nice Pivvay, it's time you did it on the SS, you'll have no troubles at all! Who else you got going in your group if you don't mind me asking (always curious who's out there on the SS)??:D

·
Time to go farther
1,338 Posts
Right now I'm the only SS from our group although one of the group members doesn't know I'm SSing it yet. He commented the other day to my wife that it would be cool to do it SS himself now that he's finished twice. Of course I just got him on the SS train last fall but we'll see what happens.

I'll be training with 2:1 pretty extensively in hopes of being able to push that as the gear for the race. If I'm fried from the CTR then I'll just put the 36x20 back on and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Pivvay said:
I'll be training with 2:1 pretty extensively in hopes of being able to push that as the gear for the race. If I'm fried from the CTR then I'll just put the 36x20 back on and enjoy the ride.
Pivvay,
Just remember, Charlie Hays (who has times in the fastest 25 finishes ever at Leadville) ran 34X19 last year so 2:1 will be stiff!! I admire you even considering that gear!! Good luck, we'll see you on the trail a lot this year I am sure.:D

1 - 20 of 41 Posts