Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,083 Posts
Was wondering along the same line myself :D 'Cept I can't check as mine was a money order. Hate waiting :madman:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,566 Posts
Friday is the day, I've heard through the grape vine that they are not doing anything until Friday...including cashing checks. Good luck to us all!!:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,083 Posts
February........

...really is turning out to be a month of patience testers and it hasn't even gotten started good yet :madman: First this and then the trying to figure out how exactly w/out going for a loan I can afford both the trip for the race and my RIP9 :madman: :confused: Not to mention that work is slow as h3ll right now, so I've got loads of time to think about all these things and drive myself even battier :madman:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,566 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ebnelson said:
looks like some checks are already clearing... Humm, the wait in earnest...
The yahoo group has a poster that lives in Summit County, Colorado. He states his checked cleared the bank (2/5/07). Maybe, possibly its the same bank, cause mine has not shown yet. And its afternoon on the sixth. :skep:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
235 Posts
I'm hoping that my out of state check will take longer to post. I've called my bank and I don't have any pending $220 checks. I guess I'll have to wait.

You know it's really lame that we all have to wait for clearing checks or a notice in the mail. Most races publish the lottery results so entrants aren't stuck in limbo. The Western States 100 does a live lottery page so the lucky ones can see there entry in near real-time. :nono:

67fastback said:
The yahoo group has a poster that lives in Summit County, Colorado. He states his checked cleared the bank (2/5/07). Maybe, possibly its the same bank, cause mine has not shown yet. And its afternoon on the sixth. :skep:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
508 Posts
ebnelson said:
I'm hoping that my out of state check will take longer to post. I've called my bank and I don't have any pending $220 checks. I guess I'll have to wait.
I live in Denver and am in!!! This'll be me 4th time and I'm shooting for sub 9!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,566 Posts
My bad, some have cleared but MOST will be Friday...waiting game I guess.:skep:
 

·
Which way? Uphill.
Joined
·
833 Posts
It seems as though the people that have already had their checks cleared all have done the race multiple times. I'm guessing they work those out first and then give everyone else a shot at the remaining slots.

I bet they give priority to people approaching 1000 miles and/or going for Leadman/Leadwoman designations.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,566 Posts
nepbug said:
It seems as though the people that have already had their checks cleared all have done the race multiple times. I'm guessing they work those out first and then give everyone else a shot at the remaining slots.

I bet they give priority to people approaching 1000 miles and/or going for Leadman/Leadwoman designations.
Right you are nepbug! I was off, I was told they were going to do them all at once on Friday but due to the volume they had to start doing some earlier. They mainly give priority for those with 5 or more finishes I believe and it also never hurts your odds to include a donation to the Leadville Legacy (Some of the race application funds go there already) or to have volunteered with some of the 100 mile RUN events, just an over-looked fyi for 2008 entery I guess. It is almost a sure thing entery if you are going for the Lead Man/Woman and get the entry in durring January (I think that equates to 30 or less entries a year)...but that's just crazy talk. Good luck to us all!!:D
 

·
Which way? Uphill.
Joined
·
833 Posts
miSSionary said:
Right you are nepbug! I was off, I was told they were going to do them all at once on Friday but due to the volume they had to start doing some earlier. They mainly give priority for those with 5 or more finishes I believe and it also never hurts your odds to include a donation to the Leadville Legacy (Some of the race application funds go there already) or to have volunteered with some of the 100 mile RUN events, just an over-looked fyi for 2008 entery I guess. It is almost a sure thing entery if you are going for the Lead Man/Woman and get the entry in durring January (I think that equates to 30 or less entries a year)...but that's just crazy talk. Good luck to us all!!:D
Dang, I'm probably going to end up volunteering for the 100 run too, I didn't mention it on my entry though. Oh well, there's still luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,566 Posts
nepbug said:
Dang, I'm probably going to end up volunteering for the 100 run too, I didn't mention it on my entry though. Oh well, there's still luck.
You could just call 'em up (719 486 3502) and tell them you are entered for the bike but also want to enquire how to volunteer for the 100 run (I'd try today if that sounds like a good idea, not sure all the entries are squared away just yet).:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,083 Posts
Hope they've got a seperate bag for people willing to fly 4,000+ miles to do the race :D

miSSionary said:
Right you are nepbug! I was off, I was told they were going to do them all at once on Friday but due to the volume they had to start doing some earlier. They mainly give priority for those with 5 or more finishes I believe and it also never hurts your odds to include a donation to the Leadville Legacy (Some of the race application funds go there already) or to have volunteered with some of the 100 mile RUN events, just an over-looked fyi for 2008 entery I guess. It is almost a sure thing entery if you are going for the Lead Man/Woman and get the entry in durring January (I think that equates to 30 or less entries a year)...but that's just crazy talk. Good luck to us all!!:D
 
1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top