Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
It's 21 because...

you have to chug a beer at the top of Columbine.

·
Occasionally engaged…
1,779 Posts
yater said:
Why 21?? That doesn't make any sense to me...18 would make some sense but 21?
The Leadville promoter is into making the race appear as tough as possible, thus saying it's too tough for the young'uns (well, that's my hypothesis). I've been trying for a couple of years to convince my wife to sign up with me as a tandem team and then have my daughter (she'd be 16 this year) on the back for the actual race -- we've done three Laramie Enduro's together and I know we could get Leadville done in under 12. But the wife is having none of it. Oh, and based on first hand experience of Durango and second-hand accounts of Brianhead, I'd vote for Brianhead...

·
bicycleonthebrain
211 Posts
www.Teambigbear.com will have info but they seem to be slaken off again this year.actually they are more interested in the nation series than anything else.but if ou email them they will confirm there is a race just not posted yet.it will probaly be they last weekend in july or 1st weekend in august.fun course and i don't think there is an age limit. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
360 Posts
It's roumored to be too tough for young'uns. A local couldn't get in till he was 21. So at the age of 21 he finished Leadville in 8:01 or 8:02. I say that because he had a $$ bet for 8 hours.

·
holding back the darkness
1,734 Posts
I tried to get into leadville underage and failed ( I was 18). I'm 28 now and have done 2 leadville 100's. I don't know why the age limit is 21.... probably just needed a starting point and went from there. Sounds like you're OK with waiting, but I would keep it on your radar.. it's worth it. You might even consider volunteering at this coming year's event in prep for when you'll be eligible: I've heard that volunteering will earn you some preference points in the following years "lottery".

·
Bend, OR
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
JC1981 said:
go for brian head i did it last year on my IF single speed will be out their again.:thumbsup:
IF Single speeds ftw!

Pedro K said:
Yeah your old enough to die for you country....but the leadville 100 is just too hard.
good point.

Anyone have any info on BH this year? Emails to Team Big Bear are unanswered.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.