Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Screwed up and didn't book any accommodation early enough. Place seems maxed out for both 100s MTB & Run. Any wisdom or places to rent? One room is enough though cooking would be great for the night after the MTB as there is a 10k run the following morning.

Anyone who has booked and is unfortunate to not get a lottery place - I don't want to be a vulture but I'd happily take your booking unless you've booked something very pricey or large.

Also happy to look at a long rental for August 12th thru 22nd, and the nights before the other races: July 1, July 15, and Sept 2nd/3rd

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Huh?

Tokay said:
Screwed up and didn't book any accommodation early enough. Place seems maxed out for both 100s MTB & Run. Any wisdom or places to rent? One room is enough though cooking would be great for the night after the MTB as there is a 10k run the following morning.

Anyone who has booked and is unfortunate to not get a lottery place - I don't want to be a vulture but I'd happily take your booking unless you've booked something very pricey or large.

Also happy to look at a long rental for August 12th thru 22nd, and the nights before the other races: July 1, July 15, and Sept 2nd/3rd
How could the place be maxed out? They haven't had the lottery yet. Why would someone book lodging before they were accepted?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Because demand outstrips supply, various people are already in, plus their support crews. Also all the related folks, event crew, press, camera crews etc. Leadman competitors also have their slots though don't think that is too many.

There is no penalty to cancel a hotel so why wouldn't you - unless like me you kept putting it off! It was full before 2010 was over. Same for following week-end, maxed out, with the smaller run field (750), mind you pacers would add to that.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Check the forums up to about a week before the race and you'll see people who've paid for lodging that need to get rid of their reservations due to last minute changes to their plans. I found a room two weeks before the race in '09.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Copper Mountain

Copper Mountain is a good fall back - I got a nice condo there two weeks before last year's race. You have to get up a half hour earlier, but who can sleep anyway.

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
Book now for 2012.

Last year I booked a place in Frisco as a fall back, but was able to get into Leadville after a cancellation. There will probably be a number of cancellations after Monday, so keep trying. There are also plenty of locals that rent out their apartments/houses for the race. Once it gets much closer, check locally for individual rentals. Cycles of Life usually has a pretty good line on private rentals.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
well F--k!

I guess I can't 'crack the code'. I entered the lottery, and called ahead...every place I called said they weren't takin greservations until MArch 1st

:mad:

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
RSW42 said:
well F--k!

I guess I can't 'crack the code'. I entered the lottery, and called ahead...every place I called said they weren't takin greservations until MArch 1st

:mad:
They probably realize that many, if not most, of them would get canceled, so what's the point. They've got no risk whatsoever of not filling every room that weekend whether they take reservations now or start in July.

Mudge

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'll tell you what, even if a room opened up at the Mountain Peaks Motel I wouldn't take it. I stayed there in 09' and that was thee dirtiest ****ing room I have ever stayed in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts