Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
get down!
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone looking for one, send me an email and I'll put you in contact with them...

I don't know the status of Rigs right now, so sorry if they are in stock everywhere now...I was just stoked to see one in person finally...it looks great! but they did a poor job on the Avid discy's setup ;)

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
Gotta love 29" sightings! Better enjoy it till we post especially for a 26" sighting :)

Did you pop out your minitool to correct it?
I sometimes can't help myself do minor corrections to shopfloor bikes, it just looks sad and poor if it's badly done :)

I heard that Hubert with (owner of XL Rig, and the first in the world at that), somehow must have inspired his collegues. Only this week he learnt that 2 his colleagues at a sister shop bought a Rig, and one a Fisher 29" gearie, and they already took delivery, too! From zero to four 29" Fishers in a small corner of Holland (the one with all the famous flowerfields, "De Bollenstreek"), in a matter of a few months...
And guess who talked Hubert into adult wheels?

If it wasn't for shop employees (I was one when I got my Fisher), new ideas would never happen. MTB's wouldn't exist. we'd all be roadies now.

·
I like bikes
480 Posts
S, M and XL

speedoxc said:
Was this Rig spotted at Sunflower? According to our rep if you're looking for a size small rig they are available, if you need any other size enjoy the wait.
I think my LBS may have three in different sizes. THEY ARE EVEN MARKED DOWN FROM RETAIL!!!! I think they over bought because they sold their first four in 36 hours! :D

·
get down!
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, sunflower it was...didn't want to name names since I started such a stink about it before...sorry padre haha

and I would have busted out my alien tool, but I don't think the guys there like me too much because all I do is use their consumer stand and buy tools...at least that's the vibe I get.

they were pretty cool when I was commuting all winter coming in there all soaking wet and freezing to buy parts to keep my steed running...then when I show up with a shiny new blingtastic Wily..I felt like I was getting hated on.

I think they thought I was...A) homeless B) poor or C) crazy for commuting all winter and when I show up with the gold toothed Wily they were dissapointed ;)

but they could be indifferent for all I know...

ehhh, at any rate, the Rig is pretty :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.