Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

101 - 104 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Perfect example right now of lbs derangement syndrome, I call the shop where I just bought my giant and the girl answering the phone, doesn’t bother saying the store name when I answer, tells me they don’t sell giant bikes lol and says they don’t do bike maintenance.....ok I’ll do it myself and not bother your business with my patronage again.
You sure you got the right number?

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I once went into Jensens to pick up parts I'd ordered online. While I was waiting I straddled a DH bike and pushed down on the fork. The bars swung 180 degrees. Oops.
i have an even worse story than that. Shortly after i started riding i had my lbs order and install carbon handlebars. went to pick it up when "done" and the bars swiveled around the steerer. the owner was right there and said "whoops ill have the mechanic redo that tomorrow he already left for the day". Thats when i decided to learn to do all the work on my bike myself, including wheel building and suspension work (except for some rear shocks), and order most parts online. In retrospect, what kind of bike shop owner doesnt know how to tighten a couple of stem bolts?!

·
change is good
3,113 Posts
I will typically order through the shop but because of covid causing them to have staffing issues, increased bike service demand and most importantly part shortages, they are pretty cool. I did screw up and not order my brakes through them. If I have warranty issues, I may be screwed. I typically order suspension and droppers from my shop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

101 - 104 of 104 Posts