Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get a Yeti 575. The only shop within reasonable distance that carries Yeti is Woodside bike shop in Redwood City.

Usually I go to Mike's Bikes in palo alto or berkeley (when i was in school) and they are really great. In particular, they seem to go the extra mile if I have problems (like manually hammering out a wrecked rim on my Rocky Mountain) and I really like their 5 year service program (only $100!).

Now, I never bought anything from Woodside, but I'm wondering if anyone knows what their service, prices, etc is like.

Worst comes to worst, I was thinking maybe of having Mike's build a mail-order 575 ... or getting a ride that they carry (spec SJ 120 expert..the 2nd choice on my list).

Thanks in advance

·
VRC Illuminati
17,648 Posts
Austin said:
I'm looking to get a Yeti 575. The only shop within reasonable distance that carries Yeti is Woodside bike shop in Redwood City.

Usually I go to Mike's Bikes in palo alto or berkeley (when i was in school) and they are really great. In particular, they seem to go the extra mile if I have problems (like manually hammering out a wrecked rim on my Rocky Mountain) and I really like their 5 year service program (only $100!).

Now, I never bought anything from Woodside, but I'm wondering if anyone knows what their service, prices, etc is like.

Worst comes to worst, I was thinking maybe of having Mike's build a mail-order 575 ... or getting a ride that they carry (spec SJ 120 expert..the 2nd choice on my list).

Thanks in advance
I can't speak on Woodside in RWC as I've not used their service.

But I can say that Mikes in Paly Alto is the best. Kenny has built up three or four bikes for me and they've been running for several years without any problems at all.

(IMO, go with the Yeti.)

·
Registered
710 Posts
Austin said:

Thanks in advance

Worst comes to worst you can go to REI in Saratoga and buy one. They had a couple of them in stock when I was down there on Sunday.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Trailhead in SJ

Lars at Trailhead Cyclery carries Yeti- and his shop rocks. They're in San Jose off Union/Camden and they're super dialed. In fact, I remember him telling me about a Yeti demo day that they were doing in April with all the bikes and the yeti team trailer- might be coming up this weekend- call them to find out.

·
Slowest Rider
5,235 Posts
I also see a bunch of Yeti 575s in Trailhead Cyclery every time I go there. They are indeed well connected with Yeti and I've run into them at Santa Teresa doing riding demos there of Yeti bikes. I also remember something about them doing a Yeti demo again soon in one of their email newsletters, but don't see it on their web site. http://www.trailheadcyclery.com/welcome.html

So Austin, where are you? Is San Jose too far?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BigLarry said:
I also see a bunch of Yeti 575s in Trailhead Cyclery every time I go there. They are indeed well connected with Yeti and I've run into them at Santa Teresa doing riding demos there of Yeti bikes. I also remember something about them doing a Yeti demo again soon in one of their email newsletters, but don't see it on their web site. http://www.trailheadcyclery.com/welcome.html

So Austin, where are you? Is San Jose too far?

I'm at school in RI, but my hometown is Palo Alto. (coming home in 1 month!!) Strangely... I didn't see TrailHead listed as a dealer on the Yeti website.. but seems like from the website, TH knows their stuff. San Jo isn't far.. maybe 20 minute drive. Of course Mike's would be more convenient since it's 5 minutes away from my house... do you know if Trailhead has one of those extended service like Mike's ($100 for 5 years of free adjustments, tune ups, installation, labor, etc). That's one of the reasons I really like Mike's. :p

·
Slowest Rider
5,235 Posts
Too bad you're in RI

Don't know anything about Mikes, but I was up with insomnia and just happened to see this come in my email newsletter from Trail Head Cyclery in San Jose. I see they're having another one in May.

Looks like an easy way to get a 575 demo on a great rocky single track at Santa Teresa if you'll be in the area this weekend. Oh well.

Dirt Demo with Yeti Cycles of Colorado
What: Ride Yeti bikes for free (ASR-SL's and 575's, ASX's, DJ's and hopefully a 303!!)
Where: Santa Teresa County Park (near the Pueblo)
When: 9am to 3pm, Sunday April 10th
How much: FREE (small parking donation if you drive in)

Dirt Demo with Specialized
What: Ride Specialized bikes for free (Enduro's, Stumpjumpers, Epics, Big Hits & Demo bikes!)
Where: Santa Teresa County Park (near the Pueblo)
When: Saturday, May 7th (Lars' Birthday, 33!!!)
How much: FREE (small parking donation if you drive in)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts