Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey to all, I'm new to this forum. Had a parkpre team 925 back in the day with a LL3 fork. Kept the frame and many years later after having sold the fork, I came to own the fork again. For free no less! Does any one have the specs for cc's of oil and PSI? I'de love to get it rebuilt and back on that Parkpre for a city bike. I buy chance any one knows where I could get a rebuild kit would be a big bonus. Thanks for any input.

Ryan

·
Registered
49 Posts
Try looking at the Look website. I know they've licensed the design in the recent past. I know Mert Lawwill is still active in the bike industry. I'm just not sure for which company now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I e-mailed Mr. Lawwill, and got a prompt response with all of the info I needed from him. It's rather cool that he replied so fast, the same day, to give me a hand. That kind of service is getting rare by the day. Thanks Dangomushi for the response and cheers to Mert Lawwill.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Re-Build Kit

Where you able to find a bushing re-build kit for you fork? I also have a LL3 on an old Klein and would like to put new bushings in it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No I did not find new bushings, but I did pull all of mine and just regreased them. She's smooth as silk now. I did go to a hydraulic hose repair/parts supplier for all 5 of the o-rings to rebuild it, it works real nice now. Now if I could find some rebuild parts for my Halson Inversion fork everything would be perfect. I like some new bikes but putting some of my old ones back together is a real kick also. If I find anything I'll let you know.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Cool on finding the seals. Last time I bought a bushing kit (6 years ago) my buddy told me you better buy 2 since they don't make your fork anymore, but well I didn't. Somewhere buried in the house I have the machine shop information in Washington that I purchased the last bushing kit from. If I can find it I'll post their info, maybe they have a few still sitting in the back room.

·
Registered
51 Posts
You can also contact Risse Racing and they can rebuild just the shock for you since it is there shock. This is just in case. I bought a lawwill 3 that has part of the coating wearing off on the shaft, not certain if this was common for the 3's? I however have been running a lawwill 2 since 1998 and have had no problems, I absolutely love this fork. Wish there was a Lawwill Leader 4 with 4-5 inches of travel. As for the bushing kit the first place I'd contact is Control Tech and see if they have any old parts lying around or any suggestions. They were the ones who distributed these forks. Good luck.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Halson fork parts

If you need fork parts I have access to forks for cheap and can probably help you out. This is only for the black original halson inversion fork.Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey, thanks for all of the responses. I did contact Risse Racing a while back, they said that they would rebuild the shock for like 40 bucks or so. I was told by them that the shock was a clone of one of theirs, but they would rebuild it any way. What ever the story, is I rebuilt it myself for $1.25, seriously 1.25 for five o-rings at the hydraulic hose repair place. The shock shaft is not flaking but I'll keep an eye on it. 01retro the halson fork I have is green, the biggest problem is going to be figuring out if I can press out the steer tube and get a freind to make a new one. The one thats on it now was cut to fit the last bike it was on, but no space was left for spacers so it could be used on another bike. Oh well if we can get it to work its a bonus, if not its art for the wall. We were playing with the Leader the other night and put a disc front wheel in it, we all agreed it would be slick to figure out a way to mount a caliper in front of or behind the leading link. Just have to keep tinkering. Thanks for the responses again. Ryan

·
Registered
19 Posts
Try finding some pictures of the Fisher RS-1. That bike was Merts first with his front/rear suspension with a front disk as well, IF I remember correctly.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Check out First Flights web site, he has some pics of a Fisher RS-1 with disk brakes. I also remember reading many years ago that HOPE (if I remember correctly) made a mount for there brakes to attach to a Lawwill Leader. Do not hold me to that however, for I have had numerous head injuries. If anyone does know of or have a mount they would like to part with for an original Lawwill Leader I would be very interested. Trying to restore my own RS-1. Thanks.

http://www.firstflightbikes.com/Fisher_RS1.htm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts