Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bike had been travelling to 3 dealer shows back and forth, had been ridden at demos, the bend derailleur hanger might have been happened during these 4 times across the country shipments. I am glad he could simply bend it back though. Customers can expect the bike to be perfect when they get it. Its our way to re use demos instead of "using" a brand-new bike all the time and than ending up with used ones. Thanks Thor from Dahon

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
by the way .... all US models have the Deltec wire. raises the max weight to 250 lbs and makes the bike even better. The tested bike was a pre preproduction bike.
Thanks Thor

·
Bike for the heck of it!
114 Posts
I decided to share this post on another forum (you know which one I'm referring to), and, as usual, the criticism and debating began. I don't mind discussing things, but I hate when everything turns into a snob fest.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yup I did read it as well. Comparing apples with oranges ( raisins ) actually, believing marketing talk about others, but finding flaws in everything Dahon, based purely on personal opinion, seems to be the rage over there. Dahon bikes are rated to the industry standard of 220/230 lbs. All Deltec equipped bikes are 250 lbs ( like this one ). The Curl ( over engineered ) is 280 lbs. Bike Friday makes HD version which I would trust with 300 lbs, those others are blatantly selling marketing hype. This bike is built strong and has a huge fun factor with the Dahon quality and Back Up included.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.