Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the latest update on my Nomad. After receiving the hardware from CC I pressed the "sphinctoral bearings" out of the DB and put in the standard type bushings required for the Nomad and ditched the, (admittedly fast rolling), Kenda Small Block 8's for a 2.8 Michy/ft and a 2.5 Nevy/bk on my old Mavic EX 729's. LBS hasn't got my new Outlaws in yet. Anyone know where I could order just the rear wheel, (36 hole 135mm black on black Outlaw) ???
Haven't got to take'er out since loading the DB and rubber. Today or tomorrow :thumbsup: I immediately noticed how much stiffer the CCDB feels on this frame, (it came off of my VP Free). I'm positive the extra 1/4" i2i length has a lil to do w/that, I've got a 50lb lighter CC spring that I can try if it doesn't react well on the trail. Not gonna mess w/it, (CCDB adjustments), till I can ride it on the trails cause I've learned that a parking lot ride or bounce test does not tell you what a CCDB is about on the trails. :p

Thanks for any help w/the Outlaw wheel deal !!! :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Looks great, bet you can't wait to try it out, the BB looks quite high ,plenty of clearance, what travel are the forks 170mm ? what travel will you get with the new shock?
cheers

·
noMAD man
12,227 Posts
Pressing out the "sphinctoral bearings"?...ouch!...that sounds painful...LOL!

That looks great, MWOH. Looking forward to seeing how you like the bike.

·
Registered
215 Posts
ditto

sweet. I as well just finished installing new rubber and my ccdb on my nomad last night. And am really regretting not gettint the all black:bluefrown: , but I have some concerns with the adjusters, what tool are you using to make your adjustments on the trails.Or tools?

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TNC said:
Pressing out the "sphinctoral bearings"?...ouch!...that sounds painful...LOL!

That looks great, MWOH. Looking forward to seeing how you like the bike.
Thanks Guys...you too TNC :ciappa: Seriously I can't wait to get out on the trails. The heavier rubber is gonna slow it down, (the Kenda Small Block 8's were/are really fast for hard pack, sketchy for loose and rooty stuff), and I can't wait to hit some sweet single track and some dh/drop/jumps to get a feeling for any needed adjustments. On the CCDB I use a cheap box end wrench for the hex head adjusters and a right angle screwdriver to get to the slotted adjusters. The new DB's have hex adjusters for all adjustments. The old slotted adjustments have been raised above the others making it easier to adjust. To answer the next question: No, the old shocks, like mine, can't be retro-fitted for the new adjusters. :madman: I wish. Yes GaryM, I kept the VP Free and I'm gonna build it back up w/an 05 66rc and the bk up shock I have for it, a PUSH'd DHX. I am gonna sell my med black pc Bullit frame w/5th Element or freshly rebuilt DHX air, to help off-set the costs of these pricey rigs.

·
Registered
314 Posts
tylerdurden119what tool are you using to make your adjustments on the trails.Or tools?[/QUOTE said:
My half-ass tools are a flathead screwdriver drill bit for the little guys and a socket w/o wrench for the big one. I saw here that somebody modified a Dremel wrench which looks like the sweet setup. An thin, open-ended wrench with a flathead on the handle would be perfect. I think the big one is 10 mm?

Sweet ride, MWOH!

·
Registered
7 Posts
man w/ one hand,

Did you have to change the "sphinctoral bearings" for the standard bushings because CC forgot to send you the correct bushings, or do all CCDBs come with "sphinctoral bearings" that need to be replaced before mounting to the nomad?

-mark

·
Registered
110 Posts
Manatarms said:
man w/ one hand,

Did you have to change the "sphinctoral bearings" for the standard bushings because CC forgot to send you the correct bushings, or do all CCDBs come with "sphinctoral bearings" that need to be replaced before mounting to the nomad?

-mark
On my new CCDB, CC forgot to send the correct bushings fot my Nomad too...:madman:

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.