Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

late notice - slow riders ride

1296 Views 21 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Ram-On
yeah, "slow riders" is more fitting and easier to understand than "c-ride".

anyway, a few of us slow riders are meeting at Sumida Park tomorrow 1-16-2010 at 9am to ride parts of t100, 1a and 8a. we should be in there 3+ hours and ride 15+ miles at a casual pace.

anyone?

(sumida park is just north of glendale on 17th street/dreamy draw dr.)

Attachments

See less See more
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
I'm in

I'll be there. I just have to finish putting on my new tires today.
Ha!

I was planning on riding Dreamy Draw at 9 anyway! I can ride slow and I play well with others! (Sometimes):thumbsup:
ArmedMonk said:
I was planning on riding Dreamy Draw at 9 anyway! I can ride slow and I play well with others! (Sometimes):thumbsup:
sorry i missed you on FB earlier. i had left to clip one of the dogs.

re 2moro: i asked vivace and she said you'z not nice and don't play well w/others. i toller you'z nice to me but she didn't believe me. :D hey, we might encounter her on the trails; she's taking that clinic with Amy Regan.

is cruz also coming 2moro?
@%*!? Tires

I'm not sure if I'm gonna make it. I've been fighting with my new tires. I have a new set of Maxxis Ignitors and cant get them to seal. I'm gonna try one more time. If they are still holding air in the morning then I'll be there. :madman: :madmax: :prft:
jesterspaw said:
I'm not sure if I'm gonna make it. I've been fighting with my new tires. I have a new set of Maxxis Ignitors and cant get them to seal. I'm gonna try one more time. If they are still holding air in the morning then I'll be there. :madman: :madmax: :prft:
my rear tire is not holding air well either; it needs stans. put on the old tires back!!
Pics

The route we took was cool. Never started from here but I think I will be from now on (food was awesome afterward). Cudo's to Sativa on finally cleaning one of her phobia's. Good times! (One heck of a nose wheelie - hope you feel better):thumbsup:

Attachments

See less See more
Yeah, I'm fine as frog's hair. Couple adult beverages and I was up and running. That little event was a "crash" course in choosing the wrong line and being powerless to change the outcome.
Oh yeah, and DurtGurl, you'd have been so proud of my tuck and roll!!
scooter_dude said:
Oh yeah, and DurtGurl, you'd have been so proud of my tuck and roll!!
Nice!!!
Very fun Pre-Game ride, I thought the Cardinal game would of been the high point of my day! Sativa picked a great loop, and a postive group of people to hang with, it was cool meeting Eddy from San Diego, and Jim. Always great to ride with ArmedMonk. Scooter_Dude did a great OTB (I got it on Video), he did take DurtGurls advice and did a pretty smoothe roll, and was back on his feet with just a bit of blood on his knee. Dude I hope you're not too sore in the morning.
Thanks all!

PMP Trail 100 from Darrel McGuire on Vimeo.
cool video, Darrel, you do good work. The crash kinda sucked from my perspective, but all in a days work.
Looked like fun! Next time you guys do this route, I want in!
Had a great time riding with all of you. Thanks for showing me around. It was a good day. Good ride, good food and good beer. Couldn't ask for more.
Hey!

Eddie! Did you make it out to McDowell today? It can be allot of fun out there! Hey, If I ever make it out to San Diego to ride I might look you up. Nice riding, Later!
yeah, it was a gr8 and exciting ride. rob is doing well and is ready to ride tomorrow at MMP, weather permitting.

darrel, thanks for posting the video - good job as usual!

eddie, do tell us if you rode the comp loops at MMP yesterday, and like Patrick said: wanna show us around san diego some time? it's "only" a 7 hr drive...;)
scooter_dude said:
cool video, Darrel, you do good work. The crash kinda sucked from my perspective, but all in a days work.
Thanks Rob, I know you probably didn't need to see you're OTB, no less repeatedly:rolleyes: , but one of the best roll out of a crash and come out with hardly a scratch I've seen! Cudo's to you for being a great sport:thumbsup:

Here's my version of MMP Coachwhip...no crashes!!!

MMP Coachwhip from Darrel McGuire on Vimeo.
Yeah, I made it out to McDowell. I had a great time. I rode the three loops. I didn't come across one person while on the trails. The sport loop was the best. All those banked corners were a blast. I wish I could have been in Arizona a few more days.
Well, Eddie, you're welcome back anytime. I, for one, have extra room for guests so come on back and ride.
Ram-On said:
Thanks Rob, I know you probably didn't need to see you're OTB, no less repeatedly:rolleyes: , but one of the best roll out of a crash and come out with hardly a scratch I've seen! Cudo's to you for being a great sport:thumbsup:

Here's my version of MMP Coachwhip...no crashes!!!

MMP Coachwhip from Darrel McGuire on Vimeo.
What a fun ride that was Darrel, still not enough attention paid to the only ss'er on the ride...that Coachwhip is a grind!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.