Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
im4Gsus
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
yeah, "slow riders" is more fitting and easier to understand than "c-ride".

anyway, a few of us slow riders are meeting at Sumida Park tomorrow 1-16-2010 at 9am to ride parts of t100, 1a and 8a. we should be in there 3+ hours and ride 15+ miles at a casual pace.

anyone?

(sumida park is just north of glendale on 17th street/dreamy draw dr.)

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm in

I'll be there. I just have to finish putting on my new tires today.

·
Everyone Bleeds!
315 Posts
Ha!

I was planning on riding Dreamy Draw at 9 anyway! I can ride slow and I play well with others! (Sometimes):thumbsup:

·
im4Gsus
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ArmedMonk said:
I was planning on riding Dreamy Draw at 9 anyway! I can ride slow and I play well with others! (Sometimes):thumbsup:
sorry i missed you on FB earlier. i had left to clip one of the dogs.

re 2moro: i asked vivace and she said you'z not nice and don't play well w/others. i toller you'z nice to me but she didn't believe me. :D hey, we might encounter her on the trails; she's taking that clinic with Amy Regan.

is cruz also coming 2moro?

·
Registered
65 Posts
@%*!? Tires

I'm not sure if I'm gonna make it. I've been fighting with my new tires. I have a new set of Maxxis Ignitors and cant get them to seal. I'm gonna try one more time. If they are still holding air in the morning then I'll be there. :madman: :madmax: :prft:

·
im4Gsus
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jesterspaw said:
I'm not sure if I'm gonna make it. I've been fighting with my new tires. I have a new set of Maxxis Ignitors and cant get them to seal. I'm gonna try one more time. If they are still holding air in the morning then I'll be there. :madman: :madmax: :prft:
my rear tire is not holding air well either; it needs stans. put on the old tires back!!

·
Everyone Bleeds!
315 Posts
Pics

The route we took was cool. Never started from here but I think I will be from now on (food was awesome afterward). Cudo's to Sativa on finally cleaning one of her phobia's. Good times! (One heck of a nose wheelie - hope you feel better):thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yeah, I'm fine as frog's hair. Couple adult beverages and I was up and running. That little event was a "crash" course in choosing the wrong line and being powerless to change the outcome.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Oh yeah, and DurtGurl, you'd have been so proud of my tuck and roll!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Very fun Pre-Game ride, I thought the Cardinal game would of been the high point of my day! Sativa picked a great loop, and a postive group of people to hang with, it was cool meeting Eddy from San Diego, and Jim. Always great to ride with ArmedMonk. Scooter_Dude did a great OTB (I got it on Video), he did take DurtGurls advice and did a pretty smoothe roll, and was back on his feet with just a bit of blood on his knee. Dude I hope you're not too sore in the morning.
Thanks all!

PMP Trail 100 from Darrel McGuire on Vimeo.

·
Registered
231 Posts
cool video, Darrel, you do good work. The crash kinda sucked from my perspective, but all in a days work.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Had a great time riding with all of you. Thanks for showing me around. It was a good day. Good ride, good food and good beer. Couldn't ask for more.

·
Everyone Bleeds!
315 Posts
Hey!

Eddie! Did you make it out to McDowell today? It can be allot of fun out there! Hey, If I ever make it out to San Diego to ride I might look you up. Nice riding, Later!

·
im4Gsus
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah, it was a gr8 and exciting ride. rob is doing well and is ready to ride tomorrow at MMP, weather permitting.

darrel, thanks for posting the video - good job as usual!

eddie, do tell us if you rode the comp loops at MMP yesterday, and like Patrick said: wanna show us around san diego some time? it's "only" a 7 hr drive...;)

·
Registered
200 Posts
scooter_dude said:
cool video, Darrel, you do good work. The crash kinda sucked from my perspective, but all in a days work.
Thanks Rob, I know you probably didn't need to see you're OTB, no less repeatedly:rolleyes: , but one of the best roll out of a crash and come out with hardly a scratch I've seen! Cudo's to you for being a great sport:thumbsup:

Here's my version of MMP Coachwhip...no crashes!!!

MMP Coachwhip from Darrel McGuire on Vimeo.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah, I made it out to McDowell. I had a great time. I rode the three loops. I didn't come across one person while on the trails. The sport loop was the best. All those banked corners were a blast. I wish I could have been in Arizona a few more days.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Well, Eddie, you're welcome back anytime. I, for one, have extra room for guests so come on back and ride.

·
Banned
486 Posts
Ram-On said:
Thanks Rob, I know you probably didn't need to see you're OTB, no less repeatedly:rolleyes: , but one of the best roll out of a crash and come out with hardly a scratch I've seen! Cudo's to you for being a great sport:thumbsup:

Here's my version of MMP Coachwhip...no crashes!!!

MMP Coachwhip from Darrel McGuire on Vimeo.
What a fun ride that was Darrel, still not enough attention paid to the only ss'er on the ride...that Coachwhip is a grind!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts