Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow I'll be starting from scratch at a new job. It's better pay, but much more of a challenge.

I'll be just aside the Copper Canyon, which means that there's some riding opportunities ;) but just not yet as I have to "scout" the site before and see if I'll have time left and how's everything there.

So, I took my bike today after a long hiatus (3 weeks) and I couldn't be happier. I tried the 450# spring on the Romic, which gives me barely 25% sag but it's far from being bottomed (think like the Roco Air). It's very plush though. I still want a slower low speed rebound, I'll try a couple clicks more but I'm in the last third of the rebound adjustment. It's a sweet, sweet shock! :thumbsup:

I was excited as I looked up the sky and it looked like it was about to rain.... but it wasn't to be unfortunately.

Early in the ride I was "in da zone" but I wore very quickly... 3 weeks and a stressful time take their toll on you.

So, what happens when you give a technically challenged rider an extremely capable bike?? OVERCONFIDENCE!

I went over a rock garden a little bit too quick and carelessly about line choice and I snake bite the front tyre a bit harsh...

Yeah, my fault but makes me think twice about kenda's sidewalls.

Later on I got so badly cramped that I had to stop to let them go away... Luckily, it was a nice spot for a pic.

The day had everything from dry-over hardpack (where the Sturdy leaves some to be desired) to deep mud. Fantastic day, fantastic riding!!

Probably last day for the Two Comadres... The car has to go as it can't make the trip to Chihuahua.

Special ride for me.

oh... I just used the bashguard AM donated, but I didn't have to use it. Being for 36t, it has more clearance to the ground.

Happy Trails!
Warp

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Fantastic Warp. The switchblade was always my dream bike. By the time I could afford it, they were replaced by the ML.

Your bike is still one of the best examples out there. Good luck with the new job and the new ridding possibilities!

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Great last stoke bro, best of luck as you venture in to these unchartered territories, enjoy this new challenge and be sure to share some pictures of this area, after looking on Google Earth the maps etc, a very interesting area it seems....

Yeah ha bebe

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Whafe said:
Great last stoke bro, best of luck as you venture in to these unchartered territories, enjoy this new challenge and be sure to share some pictures of this area, after looking on Google Earth the maps etc, a very interesting area it seems....

Yeah ha bebe
You'll have to wait, though. I was told not to take valuable stuff with me just in case. We'll see after my first stint.

By then, the SB will go to the Chihuahua Sierras. :thumbsup:

Geo...

My boss was like... :confused: :skep: :eek: :eekster: :bluefrown:

And I was like... :smallviolin::smallviolin: :headphones:

Thanks for the good wishes, everyone!!

BA... I hope this new job gives me enough reasons for an EG!

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got here...

Got to Chihuahua and then took a small plane that had to go back due to bad weather.

So, my boss decided to make th road trip to the site. We stopped at Creel for the night, then went all the way to the site through the Copper Canyon.

Man this place is breathtaking!! Impressive. I will have to bring the bike down here.

Cheers!!

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Awesome to hear that you made it all safe and good, be even more keen to see pictures if you are saying it is breathtaking..

Can you fire me through your new email when you get it sorted. Todo bien

·
I wonder why?
552 Posts
Congrats Warp.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: I hope all works out well for you.:D

First ride pics are a must.:p

i1dry?

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
You'll love the riding around Copper Canyon. I rode in the canyon by Batopilas, and the trails around Creel and Cusarare. Great riding. The trails above the canyon are actually better, but it's really cool to be in the canyon and meet some of the local Tarahumara indians who run about 100 miles just to go visit a friend.

Attachments

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
GuruAtma said:
You'll love the riding around Copper Canyon. I rode in the canyon by Batopilas, and the trails around Creel and Cusarare. Great riding. The trails above the canyon are actually better, but it's really cool to be in the canyon and meet some of the local Tarahumara indians who run about 100 miles just to go visit a friend.
Hey, Thanks GA!!!

Actually, I'll be past the Copper Canyon from Chihuahua (or before the Copper Canyon from Mochis).

Close to Temoris.... Not much pure Tarahumara in this are but rather creole or white people (surprisingly).

So far, I'll be at least one more month off the bike and probably I'll wait until the rain season ends as I'll be stuck here for a whole month and maintenance would be too intensive with the mud and I don't really have the time for it.

I made the trip by road from Chihuahua to Temoris, staying for the night at Creel. Awesome places.. unfreakingbelievable.

·
Ti is addictive
2,894 Posts
Man....I disappear for a few weeks and you up and change jobs and move.......Good luck Warp and I hope all goes well with this change in your life.:)

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
TiEndo said:
Man....I disappear for a few weeks and you up and change jobs and move.......Good luck Warp and I hope all goes well with this change in your life.:)
I hope so, thanks Endo!!

Let's pray for this change allows for a Ti steed. :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.