Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm moving back to Utah for grad school and am going to do one last good ride tomorrow before I leave. I want to do a trail I haven't done yet, so I'm thinking, lewis river trail and falls creek, or oak ridge, or peterson ridge? which one of these is best for an epic Oregon finally? I'm exactly 2 and a half hours from each one of these trails so distance isn't a factor.

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
14,664 Posts
willymcd said:
I'm moving back to Utah for grad school and am going to do one last good ride tomorrow before I leave. I want to do a trail I haven't done yet, so I'm thinking, lewis river trail and falls creek, or oak ridge, or peterson ridge? which one of these is best for an epic Oregon finally? I'm exactly 2 and a half hours from each one of these trails so distance isn't a factor.
Personally...

I love Peterson Ridge but don't consider it an epic, more like a fun place to fool around on a bike.

Lewis River / Falls Creek... good stuff but not in Oregon.

So I'm thinking Oakridge. Alpine, Tire Mtn., Winberry Divide, North Shore Tie... yeah, that's what I'm talkin' about!

Or Middle Fork from Timpanogas Lake to Sand Prairie, but don't miss the out-'n-back to Indigo Lake before you start down the singletrack from Timp Lk.

--Sparty

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well really we are just looking for a good fun day ride in the area, Washington included:p something that is in the 20-40 miles range, or 2.5-4 hours at a fast pace.

So for oak ridge what would be the recommended loop or trail for someone not shuttling, anyway to incorporate another trail into Alpine?

·
Tree Hugger
2,946 Posts
Alpine>Tire Mtn>CloverPatch is 30-45 miles depending on whether you hit upper alpine or not. It makes a good loop. Moon Point is also a good loop option, especially if you add on a section or two of Middle Fork. Then there's always the Larrison Rock-Larrison Creek, or Lawler-Hardesty (or Eula) "figure 8" rides.

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
14,664 Posts
Sasquatch said:
Alpine>Tire Mtn>CloverPatch is 30-45 miles depending on whether you hit upper alpine or not. It makes a good loop. Moon Point is also a good loop option, especially if you add on a section or two of Middle Fork. Then there's always the Larrison Rock-Larrison Creek, or Lawler-Hardesty (or Eula) "figure 8" rides.
That's the one to do -- start / end @ Sand Prairie CG. Ride up the gravel road to Moon Point, then descend to Camper's Flat CG. Then up to the next vehicle bridge over Middle Fork Willamette and down MFT back to Sand Prairie. That's the perfect ride. Good climb, great views, fantastic descent plus plenty of sweet, flowy roll. Post-ride grub & brew at the Brewer's Union in Oaktown and you're golden.

--Sparty

·
I got nothin'
739 Posts
Lewis River. That trail has it all (climbing, descending, technical, flow, and a great place to swim in the river at the end of the ride).

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I guess you can guys can guess where we went riding from these pics.
Jumping the waterfall was the icing on the cake for an awesome ride.

·
Daniel the Dog
6,764 Posts
Maybe

ronbo613 said:
I wish I could live in Oakridge
The problem with Oakridge is the snow season is so long but the trails are so good :) A nice town for sure too. I want a little house in Lyle out of the rain and near good riding....

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Wow!!! Great leapin" lizards.I hit it this weekend.Including Wright Meadow and Cussed Hollow.What a great area.Outstanding condition for August too.Nice pic...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts