Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Dan'ger said:
Sorry folks, things slipped away and I forgot to post it. Standard tuesday Briones night ride. Any takers?
You know I'm in, see ya at the gate at 7

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
i was out there around 430 and snapped my chain immediately on the other side of the entrance gate at alhambra. had a couple guys assist (thanks for the help guys--not mtbr members though) in using the alien tool to get the chain back on but the drivetrain didn't sound right so i skee-daddled back home and got my other bike. finally got into the park right around 6pm and took my normal short loop up orchard to the radar tower and back down....didn't see you guys out there, hope your ride was a good one.

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cohenfive said:
i was out there around 430 and snapped my chain immediately on the other side of the entrance gate at alhambra. had a couple guys assist (thanks for the help guys--not mtbr members though) in using the alien tool to get the chain back on but the drivetrain didn't sound right so i skee-daddled back home and got my other bike. finally got into the park right around 6pm and took my normal shot loop up orchard to the radar tower and back down....didn't see you guys out there, hope your ride was a good one.
It was your van in the parking lot!

With daylight savings and the lengthening days, our night rides are slowly becoming evening rides. Most of our ride last night had ample light.

Our route last night was nothing all that special as biggz's battery was dead, so he only had a small light with him. We climbed Orchard to Toyon and trapsed over to Old Briones, Up Briones Crest to Valley looping back on Old Briones then going the other direction on Briones Crest to Lagoon to Toyon and back down Orchard. I should really start carrying my GPS again.

The lowest elevation sections of Lagoon and Toyon were complete and total cow chop and slightly soft still and a few sections were unridable. I don't think I'll be taking that route again until after they grade the trail.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.