Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planned a long high up ride, and did it last Saturday. Extended portions of hike-a-bike (ugh) in sections of 10k-12k feet. No big write up, but here are some pics. I hope you find them entertaining.

Rainbow on the way to the trails.
A few folks I ran into before splitting off Peaks onto Miners.
Random trail/flower shots.

Attachments

·
8,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Top of a small saddle.

Curty adds to a cairn, as I scope out the trail.

More high mountain flowers.

Butterfly smoothe lovin'.

Attachments

·
8,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Views up top.

Somethings lunch leftovers. About an inch long. Looks like a femur.

I crossed into 12k+ territory several times. Stuff was so loose/steep, even pushing/carrying the bike was a chore sometimes.

View coming down the backside.

Great long ride. Ran out of H2o a few miles out from the car. Plenty of food. No thunderstorms, though I did get a few sprinkle. Lots of climbing. Lots of descending. Other than the first few miles, and last few miles, in about a 16 mile stretch, I saw one other person. No mechanicals, but one flat aobut 4 miles from the end. Wonderful mountain air, and mild temps.

Attachments

·
8,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ajw8899 said:
that wouldnt happen to be Spider Meadow in Wenatchawee state park, washington state would it? It looks SO familiar.
nope. outside of frisco and breckenridge colorado. does look similar to some stuff i've ridden in oregon and washington, though.

·
Perpetually single track
3,175 Posts
Yo Scrubby...great pics. I'd like to speak at ya in length about this route....perhaps the same time I return your armor. I'm on call for the office starting tomorrow, so maybe on Thurs/Friday I could sneak out for a shorter ride if you're interested....

·
Uhhhhh...
2,894 Posts
scrublover said:
nope. outside of frisco and breckenridge colorado. does look similar to some stuff i've ridden in oregon and washington, though.
Looks kinda like Gray Peak/Torreys in one of those pics, but maybe one of the 8 peaks around Breck?

-TS

·
8,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ibmkidIII said:
Yo Scrubby...great pics. I'd like to speak at ya in length about this route....perhaps the same time I return your armor. I'm on call for the office starting tomorrow, so maybe on Thurs/Friday I could sneak out for a shorter ride if you're interested....
sure. i can do a thursday before work ride. i'm going to try riding with my hand tomorrow. swelling is much less, as is the pain.

the route as i did it ended up being a bit under 30 miles. lots of hike-a-bike, due to lots of steep/loose/low O2 condition. or maybe i'm just outa' shape.

·
The Riddler
1,049 Posts
I love breckenridge. I first went there with an adventure type camp called overland adventures. We did the CO trail and some other stuff and the flume trail. I visited with my family last year and did the same ride you did but in reverse. I climbed up the ski area to wheeler pass and then went down to the CO trail. Big mistake. Lots of hiking and pushing until miners. Brek is ill.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.