Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Mtbr Founder
35,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As the daunting skies of 2009 appear, I was able to close 2008 with a bang. For me, 2008 was a gem that cannot be repeated. Here's the highlights:

I took some time off and was able to close the year with a flurry. Last week, I did a big roadie ride with JL, Menso, Pineapplebob and Mark59. I then rushed off to Arnold, Ca to play in the snow. We built legos and explored caves.

Yesterday, I put on the full-face and played in the logs. The trails and jumps are good but the corners are slippy!

And finally, I was able to close the year the same way I spent it, on the road and on the trail. I climbed, I smiled, I froze and ate well.

If 2009 has a few gems like this, things will be ok. Seize the new year!

fc

Attachments

·
Mtbr Founder
35,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
more photos

Attachments

·
Fermented Grain Sampler
clinking clanking clattering collection of collagenous junk
4,168 Posts
Happy New Year sir!

Funny how many of us are on line here. Kicking it with just the family tonight. Nice change of pace.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Haouli Makahiki Hou!

A very happy new year to you, Chebs, Migs and Isa! Thanks for the great memories in 2008 - a major highlight to all my years on 2 wheels. Looking forward to more in the coming year.

ALOHA!!!:thumbsup:

·
Mtbr Founder
35,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mark59 said:
Happy New year Francis
Looking good in that helmet !
Right on Mark. I'm one of your full-face disciples now. If only I wore that helmet with my cross bike my head would not have froze in the cold valleys of Los Gatos.

fc

·
Mtbr Founder
35,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pineapplebob said:
A very happy new year to you, Chebs, Migs and Isa! Thanks for the great memories in 2008 - a major highlight to all my years on 2 wheels. Looking forward to more in the coming year.

ALOHA!!!:thumbsup:
Yep, it was good to have you. Thanks for all the coffee beans and snacks. They've kept me awake and full.

I see what you said about that cross bike. The headset was totally loose! There were not enough spacers to tension it but I McGyver'ed it by flipping the topcap teo get some pressure on that headset to tighten.

fc

·
Mtbr Founder
35,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
105millimetersofpleasure said:
Wishing everyone here as fortunate a 2009 as Francis' 2008. We're due for it, right? :thumbsup:

btw-- nice vid, FC!
Thanks. If 09 is half as good for me, I'll be overjoyed.

Here's one of the photos (chopped) in the video. It's a grand photo.

fc

Attachments

·
Uncle
4,390 Posts
francois said:
Thanks. If 09 is half as good for me, I'll be overjoyed.

Here's one of the photos (chopped) in the video. It's a grand photo.
fc
Judging by the layers, I'd guess that wasn't one of the MBO rides I skipped. Looks fantastic. What's the locale?

If that were me in the pic, I'd make a poster, autograph it, and retire from MTBing. Then what? Dunno --maybe kite surfing or something :D

·
Mtbr Founder
35,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
105millimetersofpleasure said:
Judging by the layers, I'd guess that wasn't one of the MBO rides I skipped. Looks fantastic. What's the locale?

If that were me in the pic, I'd make a poster, autograph it, and retire from MTBing. Then what? Dunno --maybe kite surfing or something :D
Yeah, I should make a poster. The venue is Hermosa Creek Trail, Durango Colorado.

The photo album is here: http://picasaweb.google.com/fcebedo/DestinationDurango#

My guides were mtbr site sponsors: http://www.hermosatours.net/

Same shot, different crop.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.