Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the worst case that youve had in the way of lash outs...i was thinking today cause im bored and theres nothing better to do on a long drive of all the skaters i would have liked to have taken out at the park. whats your worst story of losing it, ive kept my control better than i should have and kept cool but i was hoping some of you have lashed out and could give me some funny stories

·
Banned
1,555 Posts
First time riding park. Some n00b kid on blades and a punk skater.

Well, I was riding my one line and I ended up telling these 2 kids like twice to not stand on the middle of the box. Well, they did. So I came around and hit it. Whipped all the way sideways and hit the skater, knocked the board out of his hands. Another time I hit the hip and nailed the kid on blades. Like, I cringed because how hard he got hit. Oh well. I guess I've never lost it.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
standard235 said:
First time riding park. Some n00b kid on blades and a punk skater.

Well, I was riding my one line and I ended up telling these 2 kids like twice to not stand on the middle of the box. Well, they did. So I came around and hit it. Whipped all the way sideways and hit the skater, knocked the board out of his hands. Another time I hit the hip and nailed the kid on blades. Like, I cringed because how hard he got hit. Oh well. I guess I've never lost it.
man i wish i could whip to hit someone and still keep control...i would fall and look like a retard, but riding away would be sweet

·
tuck-n-roll master
636 Posts
The only thing I can think of is when I took a pretty hard spill, was saved by my helmet, and then (ironically) proceeded to smash said helmet. I've thought of tossing the bike before, but that would just be an expensive mistake. Money overrides anger...

·
Registered
254 Posts
One time, I was at a skatepark and my kid was standing on a box. Some punk ass on a bike though he'd be cute and jumped it anyway. Nearly took my kid out and knocked the board out of his hand. I walked over and wrapped the punk's bike around his neck. Yeah, that was really funny. Especially when he was rolling around on the ground crying like a little girl in front of the kids he was trying to intimidate.

Don't be a jerk off. You go into a skatepark and start pulling crap like that and you'll get ALL bikers banned from the park. There are ways to get your point across without endangering others around you. Control your emotions and focus that energy into something positive.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I LOVE Charlotte. They only allow bikes in the parks on certain days. On the days we are allowed in, skaters are banned.:thumbsup:
It's all good though, we are blessed with 2 parks, 1 concrete and one wood. They alternate days so no matter what day you want to ride, you can. You just have to ride the park open to bikes that day.

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
well, I have tons of stories about retarded skaters. but first a little background info, I live in west linn OR ... it was like #39 on top places to live in the united states. up here all it is, is little rich b!tch punks, or theres the ghetto of west linn. houses only being maybe 1000-1500 square feet. and this area is a much poorer area than the 1,000,000.00+ dollar homes in the area. so theres the little annoying rich punks, or the ghetto stones off their a$$ kids. all of them skate too (mostly for the drugs, and yes, we have huge drug problems up here ...and most of them come from skaters....hmm.. )

anyway, here are a few funny times.

Skatepark hours, bikes and boards 8:00-12:00PM boards only 12:00PM-9:00PM

see the cops dont care if i'm in there in my bike past hours...no one cares ecept the skaters. I was in there, had been riding there with friends all day. some metro skater came up to me and tryed to start a fight....because it was like 12:01 so I just told him to go away, so he's all mad because i'm still there. so i'm rolling out of a transition and he finds it a good idea to stick his foot out in front of me and kick my tire, well ... little jhonny wasnt all that smart on that day. his foot went inder my wheel and of course my back tire hit his foot as well. he broke his toe.

another time there was these stupid pro skater guys at the park, it was bike hours but they were mad that I had more flair and was getting more air (only in the bowls) than them. there were probably 20+ BMXers there too, but a kid airing a mountain bike obviously pissed them off. so I was riding really fast in the bowl, one of the skaters just tosses his skateboard right out in front of me. so I bunnyhopped over it, no biggie, second time, all these BMX guys are watching me, I hear one of them yell "look out!" and I watch the board roll out in front of me, I didnt have any time to react and I ran over it, snapped it in half completly and bent the axle on one of the trucks. so he's really pissed and I ride out of the bowl and up to the BMXers. they were all kind of laughing at what happened, because the skaters were there just to cause trouble. so the skater goes down, picks up his smashed board and walks over to me (still by the copeing with my BMX friends) he stands in front of me getting in my face, he goes to hit me, drawing his arm way back, I ducked and backed up, but my friend just pushed him over....into the 12' bowl :thumbsup: I was never happier....the skaters left.

also have lost it a bit with old people, screaming at me because i'm doing manuals down the PUBLIC street ... gotta love angry snobby rich areas :madman: cant wait to get out of here.

·
Banned
1,555 Posts
TXhucker said:
One time, I was at a skatepark and my kid was standing on a box. Some punk ass on a bike though he'd be cute and jumped it anyway. Nearly took my kid out and knocked the board out of his hand. I walked over and wrapped the punk's bike around his neck. Yeah, that was really funny. Especially when he was rolling around on the ground crying like a little girl in front of the kids he was trying to intimidate.

Don't be a jerk off. You go into a skatepark and start pulling crap like that and you'll get ALL bikers banned from the park. There are ways to get your point across without endangering others around you. Control your emotions and focus that energy into something positive.
Dude. The kid was being a little ****ing ****. I did what I thought was appropriate.

Did I forget to mention the kid stayed out of my way after this?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.