Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Nevada Riders!

I am heading out to your area tomorrow, from Western Colorado, for a mountain biking trip and to escape the snow and cold. I need to do this trip on the cheap - I'll be staying 4 - 5 nights. What is the camping situation around these areas? Is there BLM camping or otherwise available right now?

I have read a little about:
Cowboy trails
Cottonwood
Blue Diamond
Bootleg Canyon

I'm always looking for good cross country singletrack, and the more technical the better. Any specific suggestions?

Thank you!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Only campground I know of
Camping At Red Rock Canyon | Red Rock Canyon Interpretive Association
A couple miles down the road is one of the best riding areas in my opinion. Cowboy Trails. Technical up, technical down. Several options to get up and down. Most do Kibbles N Bits up. If that 4 miles didn't kill you then do outer (not on trailforks) to Midas. Best down is Boneshaker. Then if you want some better pedaling then Blue Diamond is not far from there. Good X country out there with tons of options.

·
Registered
143 Posts
If you do Bootleg there is a big dirt parking lot right by the trailheads/restrooms that you could set up for free. They also have showers in the restrooms, but I don't know if they are working.

·
GONE
25,874 Posts
Cottonwood/Blue Diamond for the win if you wanna spin some good miles through some pretty landscape.

Bootleg if you want some gnar in the mix. Great technical XC out there!

Cowboys trails if you wanna try to die.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts