Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As mentioned before, I am doing a little 4X series at Ed Fountain Park BMX Track. The dates are 10/22, 11/19, and 12/17. There is gonna be 10 different classes and it is for Mtn bikes ONLY! Even if you're not gonna race, come out and support the cause. The park is at Decatur Blvd and Vegas Dr. Sign-ups/practice starts at 10am with racing at noon. We might even tap a keg after the race.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Will there be a "fat, slow, old guy who doesn't like to jump" class as one of the 10?

I'd have to see if I could round up a bike that would be safe to rock a BMX track to try this out........:confused:

-C

·
Registered
625 Posts
Can we just show up and ride? Sign a waiver,join NBL/ABA whoever,Free ,pay? In my bmx days you had to be a member of whichever sanctioning body held the permit/ins with the city. Min protection required ect.

Not tryn to be a pain just want to know so i don't waste a trip over there.

Sounds cool,you've had me thinkn bout it since your first post.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When you go to the track, talk to Bobbette. She is at the sign-up window. Let her know you are going to race the 4X Series and you want to practice. She will probably have you sign a waiver and the cost for practice is $5 per person. If you want to race on Thursdays, you will have to become an ABA Member. I believe they have 1-day, 30-day, and annual memberships.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fees for the 4X race are $25. Number plates will be provided for all riders and awards given to top 4 in every class. If you keep the numberplate and bring it to the other two races, your entry fee will only be $20. If you forget the plate, it is $25 again which includes a replacement number plate.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just a reminder, 1 week and 2 days til the fun begins! If you're looking for something to do this weekend, there is a big BMX race at Boulder City. It is basically a western region final. It is also a UCI world qualifier for the Pros so the racing will be good for sure!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Alright, 6 days to go. This race will be alot of fun and hopefully a bunch of you will come out and try it. Again, if there is enough interest, we will definitely try to build a permanent, "real' 4X track somewhere in Southern Nevada. Without the riders, we cannot commit our time and resources to the project so please come out and join us!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Recent news for the 4X Series.
If you're not sure about racing and just want to ride the track to decide, you can. Track will be open for all mtn bikes, regardless of racing, at 10am Sat morning. You will have to sign a waiver and pay $5 to ride the track. If you decide to race, the $5 will be applied towards your entry fee. Now there are no excuses. COME OUT AND RIDE!!!!!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The race was alot of fun. Even had Pro Blake Carney come up from California. Supercross Bikes donated some goodies for the raffle. 100% of the raffle money went back into the Pro Purse. Had some people in the stands that are gonna race the next one. If you missed it, come out on Nov 19th for the next one.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So, there's one more week until round 2 of our 4X Series at Ed Fountain Park. If you missed the first one, come see what it's all about. If you were at the first one, I know you won't miss this one. It's just too much fun. Go to kovbmx.com/LV4xSeries for all of the details. Remember the web address is case sensitive.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.