Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd come over here from the RBR Cyclocross forum and finally add my Salsa to the record.

Here's my Las Cruces

In these pictures I was set up for road training, but I had a chance to get in the dirt last weekend and it was AWESOOOOOOME!

I've had a couple months with it all built up and I love it.
It has been raining for two weeks and it's about 90 degrees out so this bike is perfect...light, stiff, great power transfer, smooth over the bumps, stops well. The discs saved my bacon a couple times. Really freaking orange. I have to shoulder it a lot so at 18+ Lbs... its easy to get around. Too much fun, I daydream about riding at work and get antsy all afternoon. I also like the canti option for when I choose to race. Some people don't like the versatility... but its perfect for me. Geometry works really well for me too. Utiliracer. Too bad she's been made obsolete, but both the La Cruz and Chili are nice rides. Anyone know more abut the development of this frame? Keep it up Salsa guys you're really good at what you do.

Drivetrain: Shimano Ultegra.
Wheels: DT R.1.1
DT Spokes w/Brass nipples
Chris King ISO hubs 32 hole.
Tires: Conti GP4000/Michelin Cyclocross Jet and Mud 2 (kicking myself)
Interface: Deda Newton
Saddle: Selle Italia Flite
Stem: Selcof Titanium
Pedals: Crank Brothers Candy SL
Headset: King
Stem: Deda 100mm
Brakes: Shimano BR 505R Disc

Attachments

·
Slow and steady
503 Posts
That is a sweet ride. Love the dark orange and the kings! How do you like the Shimano brakes? How do they compare to Avid's road brakes?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tony

I thought rather than match against the orange I'd match with it in different shades. I'm still waiting for a set of Crank Brothers Iodine QR Skewers to arrive. My LBS guys think it's orange overkill...heehee!! Pretty, but prettier with the mud on the DT :)

So far I've had no real issues with the Simano brakes. We've had so much rain they do a great job stopping me. Not squishy. I have only borrowed a bike with Avids and I like the Shimano better, but they are a little more tricky to adjust. No biggie though. On slick clay/mud they handle better than cantis.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts