Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Lenz Leviathan 29er that has 3" of travel and a 1.5" stroke RP3 shock. I never have used full travel regardless of propedal setting and have tried 3/8" to 5/8" of sag. I believe my frame has a rising rate and that the shock doesn't have enough air volume so it ramps up quickly. It could be just the damping in which case Push could help but I think it is volume. Am I wrong? So other people with this bike also dislike the Fox. My shock doesn't have that little sticker that shows the level of propedal.

What 6.5" shock has the most air volume? I've heard some good things about the Rock Shox MC 3.3 and there is the new Roco air which is larger diameter than the fox but the can is shorter.

I recently read that Fox makes different sized cans for their RP shocks but doesn't mark them differently, is this true? I did check on larger (DHX) can mod people have done to other RP's isn't available for the 6.5"

Thanks,
Art

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was just reading about that bike but wasn't sure of the stroke.
I know there used to be different spec damping for different manufactures. Is that still the case and can you specify the base propedal level on the aftermarket shocks?

·
Ride 'Til Your Knees Hurt
2,066 Posts
Well?

artnshel said:
I ordered the larger sleeve from Fox for $60. Thanks for the advice. If that doesn't help I'll try Push.
Art
Just curious if you did the mod? If so, how do you like it? I went ahead and modded my RP23 for my 4" Leviathan. Made a huge difference in how the shock feels. I'm quite pleased. :D

·
Registered
790 Posts
same experience

anrtnshel-

For what it's worth, I had the same problem tuning the Leviathan. IIRC you are a pretty big guy like myself (220#). I tried both a DT swiss and a Float R and both had the same issues you describe.

I could reduce the main pressure a lot, but then the bike got REAL bobby. Never could get full travel, and on a 3" bike, that's kind of important. I hope the bigger can works for you!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.