Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have any experience with trying a large volume air cannister on a Fox air shock on the 5.5? I'm light, 140lbs, and when I set my Pushed RP23 Fox shock to the proper sag, still have problems achieving full travel. I am considering trying the large volume air cannister thinking it will make the shock more linear instead of ramping up so much at the end of the travel. Thoughts or experience on this? Thanks!

·
Commit or eat sh!t
2,394 Posts
My RP23 came with the HV sleeve and got mine Pushed later. Push says the HV sleeve may not help depending on your bike and riding style. I think getting it Pushed will make a more difference.

PS Push said the HV sleeve is geared towards bikes with high leverage ratios. I think 5.5 is on the borderline in terms of leverage ratio.

·
Registered
305 Posts
When I sent my Rp23 to be Push'd, the general consensus in the shop was a HV sleeve was not the way to go w/5.5

btw: My Push'd Rp23 is simply awesome! If your having travel problems, I'd give em a call. More than once I've been tele info'd satisfied & in my case(s) it was pilot error in setup
(forks though) Good luck!

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
bikerbrad said:
I'm light, 140lbs, and when I set my Pushed RP23 Fox shock to the proper sag, still have problems achieving full travel.
Same here. My RP23 is stock though. I was thinking of sending it to Push, but if it didn't help in your case :confused:
I played with the setup and what I run now feels pretty good in respect to traction and balance of the bike. The fork gets close to full travel but I am not using 1/4-1/5 of the rear travel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.