Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shiggy or anyone with infinite tire knowledge.

What is a large volume 2.3 or even 2.25 tire that I can run in most seasons in N. Cali singletrack/fireroads. Mutano Raptor 2.25 is one option?

G

·
i don't have infinite tire knowledge, but this setup would probably suffice.

Kenda BG 2.35" Stick-E front and Neve 2.35" DTC rear

·
Registered
372 Posts
Cat Traks

Yo Cat check your PM"s. Hey I have a few tires you can try before buying. I have a WTB Timberwolf 2.3 race. I rode that tire in the front over many trails in Marin and it was very well balanced. I also have a Kenda Nevelgal 2.35 dtc that you can try. I been running the Kenda's front and back. I like it as a front but not a back. Let me know if I can help.

Stevo5

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
baycat said:
I am a running the risk of flats, etc. when running a 2.35 tire on a 2.3 speced rim?
You are "risking flats" with any pneumatic tire.

I have never seen a "2.3 speced rim." You can use pretty much any width 26" mtb tire on any 26" mtb rim. The actual width of knobby tires vary so much that the stated size is a rough guideline at best. It is one of the reasons I started my Tire Site. To provide a place to find and compare the actual tire sizes.

The specific tire design, construction and air pressure used - among other factors - makes more difference than a tiny width change.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
SpinWheelz said:
I'm not entirely sure how this 2.3 tire stacks up against other 2.3 tires in the terms of actual volume, but at nine bucks a pop, I really couldn't say no to trying a pair.

HUTCHINSON SPIDER AIR LITE TIRE OE

I have no idea if they're rubbish or if they're halfway decent, but like I said, nine bucks a pop...
Wire bead and OEM means they are for Hutchinson by Kenda. Great deal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.