Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one got upto date info about the release date on Large Uzzi,,,, as I have on on order and Its driving me mad looking at all the cool pics of small ones :.....
Come on get it out for the Big boys Intense......

MR T
:D :D :D

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
large uzzi

Mr T said:
Has any one got upto date info about the release date on Large Uzzi,,,, as I have on on order and Its driving me mad looking at all the cool pics of small ones :.....

MR T
I just spoke with my bike shop in North Carolina, and they spoke with Intense last week. Intense is saying the first batch of large frames should be ready for paint at the end of this month. I too am waiting on a large.

·
Registered
82 Posts
More taunting...large Uzzi pics and vid

I got this large one built up Tuesday, and took it for the first ride yesterday. After waiting 8 months and spending twice what I've paid for a frame before, my expectations were higher than ever. Expectations were exceeded. Here's the goods:

https://gallery.mtbr.com/data/mtbr/500/252790brad_steep_rollin.jpg

https://gallery.mtbr.com/data/mtbr/500/252790brad_log_ride_to_drop.jpg

To get a real view of how it rides, try this video:
5-11-05 ride- uzzi vpx video

·
Registered
1,653 Posts

bikemech23 said:
I got this large one built up Tuesday, and took it for the first ride yesterday. After waiting 8 months and spending twice what I've paid for a frame before, my expectations were higher than ever. Expectations were exceeded. Here's the goods:

https://gallery.mtbr.com/data/mtbr/500/252790brad_steep_rollin.jpg

https://gallery.mtbr.com/data/mtbr/500/252790brad_log_ride_to_drop.jpg

To get a real view of how it rides, try this video:
5-11-05 ride- uzzi vpx video
How do you like the RC66? I'm thinking of putting one on for the lifts.

·
Registered
82 Posts
love it. Would highly recommend. It's my XC fork (but as you can tell my version of xc is a little different than most). I've got a Shiver also, but haven't put it on the Uzzi yet. I'm really not sure if I'm going to, since 20 foot drops are about as big as I want to go these days, and I've already done that on the 66. Who knows though, that was just the first ride on the new frame!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Oh yeah- almost forgot. It jacks the front end up a bit. A solid inch taller at the crown than a Sherman 170mm. I've got a Cane Creek Double X Flush headset on order. It's 1.5" cups, that use 1-1/8" bearings INSIDE the headtube, thus reducing your effective head tube height by about 3/8". I think this will be the ideal setup for a 66, since it's so tall.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Mr T said:

MR T
We just finally got a large Uzzi in at The Path. Now we have a size run. We ordered them in October. First come first serve.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Yup, good setup

bikemech23 said:
Oh yeah- almost forgot. It jacks the front end up a bit. A solid inch taller at the crown than a Sherman 170mm. I've got a Cane Creek Double X Flush headset on order. It's 1.5" cups, that use 1-1/8" bearings INSIDE the headtube, thus reducing your effective head tube height by about 3/8". I think this will be the ideal setup for a 66, since it's so tall.
I have the E13 reducers on mine, same deal, basically an integrated headset goes in the reducers, and you run the fork directly through that. Gives you lots of options on the stack height when you literally start out with near zero.

Great pics by the way, awesome use of the Uzzi.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
bikemech23 said:
love it. Would highly recommend. It's my XC fork, since 20 foot drops are about as big as I want to go these days, and I've already done that on the 66.

Holy shooting stars batman! 20 ft drops are a XC ride for you!!! :D Can I be your friend?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have a red one

I have a red Uzzi VPX with Deemax wheels. I keep trying to post a pic, but they are too large to upload. I will try to get a shot up soon. It does ride like a dream, even for a big guy like me at 6 feet 280 pounds...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.