Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm looking for some new flat pedals. Any recommendations with big platform area (i've got size 13 feet) that don't cost the earth? Had DMR v8s and i find them too small.

I've got Funn Vipers which are ace but the bearings are sh1te and they are heavy...Anyone got any idea when Staccato 8s from E13 are coming out?

Cheers
Matt

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've been running the Crank Bros 5050xx's (sealed bearings) all summer and had no issues. I wear a size 12-13 shoe. I picked them up for ~$60. If you pick up a pair just make sure you loctite the spikes or else they'll fall out. They appear to be holding up fine, but only time will tell. Also, this is my first pair of flats, but with Five Tens I don't slip off the pedal.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I second the Speedplay Drilliums. I've had mine for two years and they're still rocking strong. I have big feet, size12 and a very duck footed stance so these keep me on perfectly. Plus they have a greese port on the end that keeps them running smooth.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Azonic A frames are big and burley. I've had the same pair for 2 years now and have never had a problem with them. They handle being beat by rocks very well. The only draw back that I've encountered is that when the pins get ripped out of the threads they can't be replaced. I'm getting short on pins so a new set might be in order. SMT posted pics of the annodized Azonic pedals so I might go there next.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Love my wah- wahs i am a women with a size 9 foot and my man has a size 12 we both use them on all our bikes . He free rides and i do some down hill and local trails . Take all the rock bangs and keep on griping .

·
Registered
188 Posts
I just replaced my Azonic Accelerators with Tioga MX Pros for the same reason. They are 100x85mm. I wished manufacturers would state dimensions so I can't tell you if there are larger ones but they work for my 11.5 feet with room to spare.

How about a measurement folks along w/ your recommendation?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.