Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking to get a heckler for some very aggresive xc and some fr i am 6foot 4 and about 160 i am woried if i get the xl it will be too large for jumps and i found a large allready any help i can get would be great

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
I am 6'2" and Santa Cruz is the only company that makes bikes that I would actually use an XL instead of the Large. It just seems much more cramped "to me" than most other manufacturers. I would be very surprised if a Large would be appropriate but I suppose it depends on your inseam vs torso lenght vs arm length. My inseam is 34.75"

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
XL for sure.

hac0555 said:
i am looking to get a heckler for some very aggresive xc and some fr i am 6foot 4 and about 160 i am woried if i get the xl it will be too large for jumps and i found a large allready any help i can get would be great
I am 5'10".5 and rode a large and it was comfortable for riding aggressively. At 6'4" you should be on the XL Heckler. You will find the large to be cramped regardless of what stem you use. I used a 55 or 65mm stem on my large.

Keep in mind that SC size their frames small. At least the Heckler anyways.

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
I am 6'4 I ride a XL VP Free, fits me perfect, more perfect than my Ellsworth Dare. Best fit in fact since I was young and riding a fully speced, Marin Indian Fire Trail, man that was long while ago........

Go with the XL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.