Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
In FTF We Trust
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this bike repaired and assembled a couple of weeks ago but I've been too busy riding and working to get pics of it up. The build is pretty basic with v-brakes, non-disc hubs (Paul rear and Ritchey Pro Skraxle front), Mavic MA-2 rims, and some heavy-ass SE BMX cranks and Marzocchi MX Pro fork. The bike as built came in at 24.6 lbs, which isn't too bad with the heavy fork and crankset. If I went with a rigid fork (coming soon I think) and some decent cranks it could easily drop a couple of pounds.

I'm pretty happy with the way the bike turned out. It started as a "spare parts" build and got a little out of control, but wound up only costing about $850 or so out of pocket. The ride of the ti. frame is pure magic. I weigh about 180 lbs and it is a very plush ride but it isn't flexy at all, good combination.

I ended up tagging it with circa 1930's Columbia decals and head badge just 'cause I can't stand a generic bland bike, plus my first bike at about age 7 or 8 was a Columbia:thumbsup: . Anyway, on with the pics...

Attachments

·
Squalor
1,573 Posts
BRAVO!

Looks great! I am so glad someone was able to get that ti beast rolling again. I really sweated every dimension of that bike when I was working with XACD and I think it turned out great. It was one of the best riding hardtails I have every thrown a leg over. Crazy smooth. Hope she holds up for you.

Great job! Much better than getting groceries under me or hanging on the wall in my shop!

What did you end up doing with that fork? Lamp?

LP

·
1,316 Posts
That thing is awesome. I would love to see some before pictures but love the color scheme and head tube badge. Nice looking bike...

Great job

·
In FTF We Trust
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lanpope said:
What did you end up doing with that fork? Lamp?
Glad you approve, I do love the bike and consider it one of the best bike deals I've ever received. I have the forklamp all planned out but haven't been ambitious enough to build it yet...

And for the other poster: I did a thread on the repair of the frame and had some before and after repair pictures. I got the frame from Lanpope with a cracked chainstay and repaired it myself, then built it up out of parts laying around and some new stuff. It turned out really nice, I'm very happy with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts