Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any update on when this trail is going to be finished. Me and a friend of mine were up there last weekend and we looked for it for about 2 hours and finally found it. It was pretty overgrown. We are willing to help work on it when there is another workday. someone just let me know. thanks

·
Who turned out the lights
1,127 Posts
I'd say it will be next spring before it will actually be 'finished'. It's a very time consuming project, b/c dh style trails involve so much more dirt work than regular xc trails. The lower section is close to being finished, but it still needs work.

Chris (ctrailfreak) has been the main worker/driver for the project, and he hurt his back pretty bad about a month ago and is just now getting back to the bike/shovel. Aaron, the trail steward, has had to divert much of his current attention toward fixing some water problems on the xc trails and working on getting the place weed-eaten from all this stinking rain, so I don't know how much more activity it's going to see over the summer. Once the vegetation grows in and the ticks come back out, most of the work stops in lieu of riding. I know I won't be hauling the Dingo over there any time soon, b/c I plan on cashing in a good deal of my trail karma by riding my bike.

Watch the DH/Trials section on the Earthriders forum, and introduce yourself and start making contacts. We need more educated involved riders to help out so that we can make this trail live up to its potential.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.