Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally got everything the way I like it so I thought I would post some pics and build info. The bike as pictured hits the scale at 29.51lbs. Not bad for a 22". :)

Fatback 22" polished nickel w/ Fatback carbon fork
Uma II drilled rims with Fatback (Hadley) hubs and Ti skewers
Fatback E13 180mm crankset
Shimano 10sp Dyna-sys drivetrain (yes it works with the E13 crank)
Formula R1 disc brakes w/ Ashima rotors (180/160)
Thomson seatpost, stem and seat collar
Specialized S-Works carbon riser bar
Specialized Phenom SL Ti saddle
Twenty6 Prerunner Ti pedals
Cane Creek 100 Headset
Ergon GA1 Leichtbau grips
Surly Larry/Endo tires 120tpi
Q-tubes super light 26"x2.4"-2.7" tubes

Attachments

·
turtles make me hot
11,664 Posts
That rear wheel doesn't look like it's offset. Is your rear hub 135 or 170? I'm going to build one for next winter and I'm completely confused by Fatback's website. They say their frames are set up for 135 mm rear hubs. 9 Zero 7 sells 170mm hubs and yet all they talk about is 17.5mm offset. I'm missing something here.

BTW, your bike is awesome. I'm 6'4" and will need a big frame as well.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
That's a good weight.

I'd like my Pug to be lighter. I'll gradually whittle the weight away.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NYrr496 said:
That rear wheel doesn't look like it's offset. Is your rear hub 135 or 170? I'm going to build one for next winter and I'm completely confused by Fatback's website. They say their frames are set up for 135 mm rear hubs. 9 Zero 7 sells 170mm hubs and yet all they talk about is 17.5mm offset. I'm missing something here.

I'm pretty sure that all new Fatback's are non-offset 170mm. Not sure about their earlier models.

·
is buachail foighneach me
6,589 Posts
NYrr496 said:

You might be confusing the Fatbackbikes.com website for another one. Fatbacks have never used 135 rear hubs, only 135 front(non-offset).

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
SPAM: I have a set of BB7's for sale that were used on this bike for approx. 50 miles for sale if anyone is interested for their build. Front is a 180mm and rear is 160mm. SOLD! Thanks MTBR Fatbiker

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
NYrr496 said:

I think you are confusing www.fatbackbikes.com (Speedway Cycles, Fatback bikes) with www.fatbikes.com (Chain Reaction Cycles, 907 bikes). Fatbacks are 170 mm non-offset rear. 907 aluminum frames are 135 offset rear.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Finally got in some dirt time with the new carbon fork and all I have to say is what an improvement. It rides like a dream. In snow at slower speeds I can't really feel the difference but at higher speed on dirt, rocks, roots, etc. it really shines.

·
Registered
976 Posts
How's the ride comfort compared to a hardtail 29er ?
I was under the impression that the big tires would provide some suspension, but recently read where another poster mentioned it was about the same feel as his Karate Monkey.

Does the carbon fork help absorb and give a bit of a "suspension" fork feel ?

I'm trying to decide between Fatbike and 907, what made your decision to go with Fatbike ?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.