Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
don't know what brand of bike but i can't image it be anything other than a Trek

sure i'd bet he'd race the SS class with us chumps :D

i'll be doing the huntsville, bryan and double lake races don't think they have a specific SS class though

you still at the same email address?

·
Derailleurs owned: 0
354 Posts
disc specific Trek police bike?

The Trek website shows 2005 police bike with v-brakes... but under the pic it says:

UPGRADES OVER LAST YEAR
New frame design, disc specific

Maybe that girl in the green shirt got a better picture....

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
Looks like centrelock XT disc brakes. Seat stays offer huge tire clearance, but often the chainstay are cramped. With those `23-30mm tires, he doesn't have much tire-seattube clearance. Are those WTB tire logo's?
Fork looks to be really short travel.

·
Bunker Hill Bikes
308 Posts
Trek 29er

Is it a Trek 29er?

I saw a Trek 29er at the 2004 Ore to Shore in Marquette Michigan. It had all the latest Sram stuff with Avid Mechanicals with Sram decals all over it. The calipers were numbered as if they were prototypes. Blackbox racing development since Sram purchased Avid in the spring? Any help out there?

I will be posting the pic tonight or tommorrow.

-CJSBIKE

·
The Duuude, man...
3,537 Posts
aosty said:
That's my vote also... disc cyclocross with flat bars.
I don't know....look close at that photo taken from behind....look at the seat stays just below the seatpost...look how they have a larger hour-glass shape, much as a mt bike would have...to accomodate larger tires...definately not a road bike frame, and that's a lot of clearance for a 'cross bike...

·
The Duuude, man...
3,537 Posts
ncj01 said:
I don't know....look close at that photo taken from behind....look at the seat stays just below the seatpost...look how they have a larger hour-glass shape, much as a mt bike would have...to accomodate larger tires...definately not a road bike frame, and that's a lot of clearance for a 'cross bike...
More specfically,

·
Registered
548 Posts
damn we're geeky

i don't think the zapruder film got this much attention (no I am not old enough to actually remember the zapruder film). Chances are that if Trek was going to introduce a 29er we would have already heard about it from our fellow members who went to their intro.

As a marketing guy, I know that if I worked for Trek, and I knew what kind of crowd lance would attract at this parade where everybody would looking at what he was riding, I would want Lance to be riding something either

a) totally drool worthy experimental bike based on a production cycle (think Indy 500 pace car)

b) bike that people can go in and order shortly and I want to hype it (think how the Chrylser 300 was in 2 or 3 rap videos or the Mazda Rx-8 was in Xmen 2 before they ever were made available to the public)

Does the bike look familiar to our fellow memebers who went to the intro? If not, I vote choice "A".

Thxs

-jv

·
Who turned out the lights
1,127 Posts
I was just at the local Trek store, and one of the wrenches had an email with pics of the bike. It's essentially a 'cross bike with a woundup fork. Funniest thing was, it was like a 16-lb bike, with carbon cranks, but with 4-lb beartrap pedals.

Evidently, it was being built up while he was up at Trek for the tour.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Don't know, man

but if I had to guess, with Fisher trying to get the 29er thing accepted as a ligit bike, Trek/Fisher would not market essentially one type of bike under two different name brands. Now I'm not a salesman or marketing guru, but it only makes sense to invest a minimal amount on a product that might not sell. If it does, change paint and decals and they can both have 29er models.

·
Bunker Hill Bikes
308 Posts
Pic soon!

I am having difficulty with my SanDisk set-up because the software is not compatable with Windows XP. I am working hard to get the pic posted.

I apologize for any longterm drooling!

I will have it up soon.

----CJSBIKE

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.