Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
i saw this pop everywhere yesterday, and in each instance I expected people to comment on how POOR of an instructional video it is.

Somehow 'all things Lance' superseded even the basic need to be effective.
(The fact Lance doesn't even really try, well, just bolsters his now infamous persona.)

The producers undermine the purpose of the video by either not caring, or unwilling to do better.

On second thought, maybe having Lance do it is all that mattered.

Wait: I have just been told video was deep-satire. Holy carp, double fail !!

·
U sayin' Bolt ?
1,364 Posts
Lance is the MAN! He sac'd his body chem and the results were some sick races to watch, millions of people getting stoked on cycling and 10's of millions of $ donated to cancer research....who did hurt, besides himself??

I like that all the LIVESTRONG gear is like 80% now, finally bought some!

·
U sayin' Bolt ?
1,364 Posts
No seriously who did Lance hurt? He physically hurt himself, but who else got hurt by him taking drugs? Was it Ulrich and the rest of the other drugged up racers he 'cheated'?

Did he do something violent in an HGH rage? Who did he hurt but himself?

You cannot deny that the millions he helped raise for cancer research saved lives, and that tons of people got stoke from him for years and years. He gave much more to cycling and humanity than he took away.

IMO he martyred himself for American Cycling and Cancer research.

·
Registered
250 Posts
No seriously who did Lance hurt? He physically hurt himself, but who else got hurt by him taking drugs? Was it Ulrich and the rest of the other drugged up racers he 'cheated'?

You cannot deny that the millions he helped raise for cancer research saved lives, and that tons of people got stoke from him for years and years. He gave much more to cycling and humanity than he took away.

I don't feel like typing for 10 minutes to give you a full reply because you obviously will not be able to comprehend it if this is your point of view. Do a google search maybe instead.

G

·
Knutso,
No doubt he did advance the cancer fight but he showed folks that you can prosper by cheating and doping. That may mean nothing to you, but as a parent of a child who want's to be an athlete I gotta tell you that's a hard foul. You're going to think that as a parent it's my job to keep my kid away from drugs and IPO and such, and I'll tell you that I'll try as hard as Lance's mom tried. Ultimately Lance did what lots of pros do (lots) and it hurts the sport and it tells kids like my son that it's okay to cheat and dope because you can make millions. So you can think whatever you want and I'll think he hurt folks.

·
Rogue Exterminator
4,951 Posts

Don't go there. Some people here think Lance is the most evil low life ever to walk the planet. Worse than people like Adolf Hitler, Osama Bin Laden. Timothy McVeigh, the Boston Bomber, etc etc and they will defend that notion to the death. They will verbally beat you with their stupidity and bring you down to their level.

·
Rogue Exterminator
4,951 Posts
Knutso,
No doubt he did advance the cancer fight but he showed folks that you can prosper by cheating and doping. That may mean nothing to you, but as a parent of a child who want's to be an athlete I gotta tell you that's a hard foul. You're going to think that as a parent it's my job to keep my kid away from drugs and IPO and such, and I'll tell you that I'll try as hard as Lance's mom tried. Ultimately Lance did what lots of pros do (lots) and it hurts the sport and it tells kids like my son that it's okay to cheat and dope because you can make millions. So you can think whatever you want and I'll think he hurt folks.
You could do the smart thing and turn it in to a learning experience for your child and point out that because he cheated and used drugs he lost all the championships.

But I guess it is easier to be mad at Lance for failing to raise your children for you.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Don't go there. Some people here think Lance is the most evil low life ever to walk the planet. Worse than people like Adolf Hitler, Osama Bin Laden. Timothy McVeigh, the Boston Bomber, etc etc and they will defend that notion to the death. They will verbally beat you with their stupidity and bring you down to their level.
No, I don't think that. I just think that he's actually a lowlife at this point and any one who accomplished something in life without cheating is better than him. Heck even people who didn't accomplish anything are better than him :)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.