Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm an older rider (50) and recently started mountain biking to lose weight and get fitter. Having fun so far, but my skills and endurance are still pretty low. To give you an idea, I can do the green trails at White Clay slowly and come away tired and happy.

I will be driving my inlaws to Lancaster for the afternoon next Saturday and thought I'd take the bike along for a bit of fun. What are some local rides that I might hit up while they do their visiting? I'd like to stay close to town (<30 minutes).

So far I've seen the county park and Landis woods on the map.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all,

I'm an older rider (50) and recently started mountain biking to lose weight and get fitter. Having fun so far, but my skills and endurance are still pretty low. To give you an idea, I can do the green trails at White Clay slowly and come away tired and happy.

I will be driving my inlaws to Lancaster for the afternoon next Saturday and thought I'd take the bike along for a bit of fun. What are some local rides that I might hit up while they do their visiting? I'd like to stay close to town (<30 minutes).

So far I've seen the county park and Landis woods on the map.

Thanks!
Download MTB Project and the PA map. Checkout the MT Gretna and Camp Mack areas north of the city. Both are great and have more then what is in MTB project. You can do 10 - 15 at each if you know where your going.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Download MTB Project and the PA map. Checkout the MT Gretna and Camp Mack areas north of the city. Both are great and have more then what is in MTB project. You can do 10 - 15 at each if you know where your going.
Yeah, I was going to say Mt. Gretna. It should be 30-40 minutes from downtown Lancaster. A nice ride.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.