Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've ran into JP LaMere at the trail a couple of times. We both live in MN. They are nice rims. I rode his bike with his rims around the lot a bit. Very nice setup and good price. I didn't hit the trails or anything. I asked him to offer a single walled rim for "snow only" and he said his supplier could make them. Let's hope he does offer them. We need more single walled carbon rims on the market for snow riding.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've got a set of the 65mm Lamere rims. Came in pretty darn close to claimed weight (540 grams), one was 540 grams the other was 544 grams. I've got them on the Tune Fat King/Kong hubs using Sapim CX Super Spokes. Only 3 good rides on them here in the Az desert and they have been really impressive so far.

Setting them up tubeless was a bit of a mixed bag. I'm running the superlight version of the husker du with a single wrap of gorilla tape and speed evolution valves. The front beaded up and seated on the first try without a problem. The rear took 3 people and about 20 minutes to get seated. However it was clearly more a problem with the tire than the rim as the rear tire had a much looser fit than the front. Once seated both have been flawless. Just to see how well they mated we ran them on the trails as low as 2 psi and have been without problem.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Rims tough to set up?

Setting them up tubeless was a bit of a mixed bag. I'm running the superlight version of the husker du with a single wrap of gorilla tape and speed evolution valves. The front beaded up and seated on the first try without a problem. The rear took 3 people and about 20 minutes to get seated. However it was clearly more a problem with the tire than the rim as the rear tire had a much looser fit than the front. Once seated both have been flawless. Just to see how well they mated we ran them on the trails as low as 2 psi and have been without problem.
I've never had carbon rims, but have a set of 65s coming from LaMere. How tough was it to mount the tire? Since you can't use tools - did you just muscle it on? I would want to change tires in the winter for conditions, but if it is a nightmare - maybe not?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.