Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. My wife and I are camping in Emerald Bay up at Tahoe. We will be hiking with our dog and I will probably be biking alone on the Rim and Flume Trail. I checked the weather and it looks like it's supposed to be around 85 during the day and 40s at night.

Anyway just a couple questions:
1) How is the weather(really) during the day? Is the heat pretty bad?
2) Are there any hiking/biking trails near Emerald Bay?
3) I'll be trout fishing- anyone know any good spots? (my wife has never had fresh trout...or my dog)

thanks in advance for any help-

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
The weather will very, always seems warmer than it really is at least to me.

Besides the DL BLiss already mentioned. The hiking out of Emerald Bay is outstanding, get a map of the Desolation Wilderness, you can enter via Bayview Campgound or Eagle falls Parking.

While at the flume drop a line in Marlette lake, opend for fishing for the first time in 40 years. You just look in the lake and see huge fish swimming every were, temped to buy a Nevada License just for this.
http://td.us.publicus.com/article/20060623/NEWS/106230058&SearchID=73251153308534

I ususally have pretty good luck just off the Dam on Echo Lake, Great hiking there also. Caught 4 nice ones there a few days ago.

·
Registered
80 Posts
For a non-bike (just hiking) day of excellent scenery and tons of beautiful lakes and granite basins... start at Bayview campground, follow trail signs into Desolation Wilderness, up over Maggie's Peaks and back a couple miles to the Velma Lakes area. Great swimming and lounging in an idyllic setting, about 9 miles round trip.

·
Registered
219 Posts
You have to drop Mr. Toads! Get your wife to drop you off at the top Luther Pass ( Hwy 89 out of Meyers) When you get to the top, look tour left for the Tahoe Rim Trail sign. Ride it up for an hour or so. Drop down Saxon Creek Trail, AKA Mr Toads. After 7 miles of sick down hill you will end up back in Meyers. Call your wife to pick you up in Meyers or ride back to Emerald Bay. There are other trails too. You could ride Tahoe Mountain, the Hawley Grade, other sections of the Tahoe Rim Trail, or the Corral Loop. That's just in South Shore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.