Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· My gloves stink
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey boys and girls,

You could give no better gift to your biking buddies than to bring them to Lake Sonoma on Saturday for what promises to be a savory marriage of mud, sweat and beers. For anyone who hasn't tried the Lake Sonoma races yet, the vibe is friendly and low-key, the course is a cornucopia of technical challenges, and the fee is reasonable and includes lunch and beer!

Calling all masters! My personal motivation for pushing the race is to hopefully get a few more old guys to compete with. I've been slacking off the training, and I need someone to serve me a healthy portion of humble-mud pie to get me going again.

For more info: http://www.bikemonkey.net/?page_id=62

· NedwannaB
12,567 Posts
Yah?

Appendage said:
Calling all masters! My personal motivation for pushing the race is to hopefully get a few more old guys to serve me a healthy portion of humble-mud pie to get me going again.
I think you may be setting us up for some sandbaggin! :rolleyes: Not sure my schedule will allow but it has been awhile since I've raced up there. Haven't been on the bike since Turkay Day, and I may hold out 'til I see how the weather is by end of the week before I commit. Fairweather rider of late I admit. :eek:

JMac

· Registered
762 Posts
Appendage said:
Hey boys and girls,

You could give no better gift to your biking buddies than to bring them to Lake Sonoma on Saturday for what promises to be a savory marriage of mud, sweat and beers. For anyone who hasn't tried the Lake Sonoma races yet, the vibe is friendly and low-key, the course is a cornucopia of technical challenges, and the fee is reasonable and includes lunch and beer!

Calling all masters! My personal motivation for pushing the race is to hopefully get a few more old guys to compete with. I've been slacking off the training, and I need someone to serve me a healthy portion of humble-mud pie to get me going again.

For more info: http://www.bikemonkey.net/?page_id=62
can't do it....
i had foot surgery last week and as much as i love that course, it would be kind of a b**tch with a swollen foot and stiches
besides, im too much of a sissy to get my bike muddy like im sure its going to be a mudfest.

not sure if you know me, but im the guy who ran out there, in masters with the titus titanium.
...got a santa cruz xc carbon now...

have a good ride tomorrow and ill see ya out there next year

· Registered
762 Posts
clayperez said:
Rick, take care of the foot man. That's a real drag. At least it's the "offseason", but damn it sure is purdy out there...
thanks, im nursing it...

should be back out there in a couple weeks and i know, the dirt is awesome
after all, im a dirt connoisseur ;)

· My gloves stink
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Epilogue: Big turnout, great day!

Wow, I was surprised to see so many people show up for today's race. Carlos had never-been-there-before riders raise their hands, and it was a big group, I dunno, maybe 30-40 new people. I also dunno the total ridership but it was way more than the September race. There were even 6 guys in the Master's div- yay!

The course was slow and the mud was sticky. My lap times, usually in the low 30's, were closer to the mid 40's. You had to go real slow downhill, and the heavy mud made climbing even slower than usual. Many riders I talked to had chain suck issues. Still, the course was rideable, it was just different, and harder, if you can imagine that!

Looking forward to the 2010 LSS already...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.