Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
can anyone comment on the sizing on these things?

i usually order 47s but my last pair (diff brand) were slightly big so i am wondering if i can get away with the 46.5s since thats all they have. if they run small i probably wont be able to but if they run true or big then its worth taking a chance on them.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
honkonbobo said:

i usually order 47s but my last pair (diff brand) were slightly big so i am wondering if i can get away with the 46.5s since thats all they have. if they run small i probably wont be able to but if they run true or big then its worth taking a chance on them.
I do not even know what a "true" size is, and I have worked in the industry.

Fit changes from model to model, let alone from brand to brand.

·
Former Bike Wrench
15,976 Posts
honkonbobo said:

I love Lake shoes, but I think they run pretty snug. I have Diadora 45's that I can wear wool socks in but my Lake MX85's in 45 are just big enough for cycling socks and no more.
:thumbsup:

·
Be happy......go riding
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nasbar had a 12 hr. 20% discount last Monday. You might be able to get some form of discount now. Try Googling "Nashbar coupon code" and plug that in when you go to purchase.

·
Registered
105 Posts
MX165 weight

If interested, just got a pair of size 11s - they are a tad narrow, but not a concern. VERY comfy, rugged sticky sole, a bit hard to get on (that double tongue a minor hassle), and definite keepers for me.

Size 11s weighed 584 grams.

·
Registered
563 Posts
make sure you pull out the laces, no need for them on this shoe.

thinking about picking up a pair as a spare. lake shoes are not known for their durability.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.