Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just rode the Orange trail Saturday. They said it was 7.1 miles, I got to the 4.75 marker and it seemed like I had not even made the furthest point yet. Anyone know if the mileage is correct?
BTW, it is a dang tough ride. Lots of very steep, rocky climbs and descents that I would like to see someone get up and down. i walked up and down a bunch on this trail. Almost died too, but that is another point.

I ended up turning back and somehow rode about 10 total miles.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I think those markings are all old. When they rework the trail they must not bother with the markers. I have noticed this on some of the other trails also. What time did you ride Saturday? Did it get a little muddy?

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
never rained on me a bit Saturday morning. That is why I went there (rain in OKC). Was planning on going to Draper.
Their markers were very nice, every .25 miles and were right in line w/ my bike computer. I might have just not trusted the crappy map they gave me.
Can you ride that whole trail and stay on your bike?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I don't really ride on that side of the lake. I live on the North East side of Stillwater so it's a lot easier to get to the East side of the lake. And I like the trails on that side a lot more. The red and yellow trails are the 2 toughest trails that I have ridden so far. I have yet to be to Turkey mountain so I can't compare it to that. I have been to Draper, Bluff, Roman Nose, Lake Thunderbird trail, and Arcadia. Bluff Creek, Roman Nose, and Lake Thunderbird were all really fun, but I don't think they were quite as rough as McMurtry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.