Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a buddy staying in the Lake Lure area starting Sat the 12th. So far Im getting him to ride Kitsuma. How far is the Dupont area from him? I also was thinking Daniel ridge. How far do you think he is from the Asheville airport. I use the airport as a point of referance as to where the trails are and distance. I know the fish hatchery road is close to the airport. Anyone have time to ride between the 12th and 19th let me know. [email protected]

I know I can count on the locals!

·
Registered
46 Posts
If ya decide to head out to DuPont, I would take this route, it's more scenic, less congested, and quicker.

If it is Pisgah, you could also go this way, but would need to reconnect with Hwy 64 in Penrose.

Either way, I'd say that it is enough of a wash time-wise!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is this DuPont one long trail or are their a few to choose from? What would be a nice one to find and follow for an out of towner?

Alright that was a stupid question. I just opened the trail map link you posted above. If I hit the trail head at this Stanton Rd would I just follow a marked trail?

·
Third Degree Hater-Fu
563 Posts
geinsteder said:
I have a buddy staying in the Lake Lure area starting Sat the 12th. So far Im getting him to ride Kitsuma. How far is the Dupont area from him? I also was thinking Daniel ridge. How far do you think he is from the Asheville airport. I use the airport as a point of referance as to where the trails are and distance. I know the fish hatchery road is close to the airport. Anyone have time to ride between the 12th and 19th let me know. [email protected]

I know I can count on the locals!
where is your buddy staying in Lake Lure...generally only 2 places, Fairfield or in town. Either one of them he can ride his bike straight into 2 different monstrous 2600 foot elevation rides I can tell you about (Shumont or Worlds Edge). And if you drive straight up hwy 74 toward Asheville, the last road on your right at the Continental Divide, Little Pisgah Rd, there is fire road climb to the pinnacle at upwards of 3500 feet & a fun little descent back to the bottom if you need a quick afternoon spin.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
geinsteder said:
Is this DuPont one long trail or are their a few to choose from? What would be a nice one to find and follow for an out of towner?

Alright that was a stupid question. I just opened the trail map link you posted above. If I hit the trail head at this Stanton Rd would I just follow a marked trail?
Some helpful route possibilities here:
http://www.dupontforest.com/DSFMTB.PDF

It is a bit outdated, but should help you some.

80+ miles of trail, many options.

Woody

·
Registered
106 Posts
This really depends on which side of the lake. Your friend might be closer to Wilson area trails or Kitsuma/Heartbreak area if he/she/it is staying on the east or north side of the loch.

G

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.