Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,470 Posts
scoutcat said:
anyone have experience with Lake shoes customer service? will they take back shoes that have been worn once?
I've had great luck, they stand behind their stuff 100%. That said, not knowing your situation? I can't say that they'll work with you. Info please, or just call them, they won't bite;) Chris is a great guy, ask for him.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
not working with me yet. heres my deal... got the MX140s as an xmas present. i tried them on before i added cleats and they seemed fine. however, on my first ride i discovered that the boa cable that runs thru the plastic skeleton on the inside of the right ankle was quite painful. it lines up with the seam on the neoprene and after 30min of pedaling it became very uncomfortable. bottom line is that the shoe, despite fitting in terms of length, was painful with riding. i emailed them and didnt hear back. then i called yesterday and spoke to someone that told me since the shoes had been worn that they wouldnt exchange them or allow me to choose a different lake show - i pleaded my case and was told that someone would get back to me shortly - still havent heard back. i am still hopeful that Lake will be willing to solve my issue to my satisfaction but thus far havent been too impressed with the response. their return/exchange polices are super strict.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Their guarantee doesn't cover shoes that are not brand new (it is in their guarantee card). However, you can contact Chris Oloroso to see if he can do anything for you. But, you should not expect anything from them. BTW. Their CC is excellent as are their products.

·
No. Just No.
5,360 Posts
I feel for your situation. I have also had shoes (not Lake) that seemed comfortable enough at the time of fitting, but have subsequently discovered on 1 or more rides that they were not the right shoe for me. Unfortunately, if shoe companies were to grant refunds or exchanges in a situation like yours, it would be open season for anyone to order shoes via internet and then request remediation from the company if they didn't like the fit after receiving them and trying them out.

That extra expense (which could be considerable) would ultimately go back on to us as the consumers within product pricing. To that I say "No thank you", as quality shoes are already expensive enough as it is.

Time to do what I see every frequently from other people, which is to put them up on Craigslist explaning that they are like new condition, suck up the monetary loss, and buy something else with the proceeds.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i think these particular shoes have an flaw - if its not a flaw then its a really really bad design and bad quality control. since i am willing to ship and exchange you think they'd at least offer to take a look at the shoe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.