Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Birthday Collector
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - for those who ride from the parking area at the top of the Nike Hill by the Park Police HQ - that lot has been closed to public parking and will be closed indefinitely until repaving is done. I spoke with an officer and he had no date of completion that he had been told. He expected it to be a number of weeks. There are small white signs along the road at the bottom of the hill just off Lake Chabot Road, as you start up the hill. If you see them, might as well save the gas and turn around! The officer said that vehicles parking there without Park Police ID would be ticketed, and then if repeat offenders, towed...

·
This Way Up
75 Posts
When I go riding in Chabot by myself, I park in the lot at the end of Estudillo, down near the dam. The only downside is that they lock the gate when the park closes, so you have to make sure not to go too long. The upsides, besides being open, are that it's all downhill to get there at the end and there's a nice little berm that makes it possible to jump over the whole road (check for traffic and frisbee golfers).

-Micah

·
This Way Up
75 Posts
scooderdude said:
I'm surprised you haven't been burglarized. Seems like an easy place to target parked cars.
You have obviously never seen my car! Lets just say my last bike cost more than twice what my car did (before it was "totaled" and "salvaged", even). Unless someone really wants an old army blanket w/ holes in it, I think I'm safe. Anyway, there are a ton of frisbee golfers around there.

·
Derailleurless
9,122 Posts
Check out the Proctor staging area off of Redwood Road. It's heavily trafficked during the day and auto burglaries haven't been a problem for the years I've been using it.

In the evening hours, I drive another quarter mile and park in the golf course parking lot. Near the trailhead. You know, right against the fence. The one with the signs reading, "Trail users, please park at the Proctor staging area." :D

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just read a post not to long ago about someone parking over at the Proctor staging area and his/her car was broken into.

On that note, has there been any break ins lately on lake chabot road?

·
Registered
80 Posts
The pariking area by the Park Police HQ (Upper Lot) is now open. I was just there and the gate was open with no white signs along the road or the parking lot. The only signs visible said NO FIREWORKS.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.