Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to get around to all the Jeffco parks this summer and was wondering if anyone can tell me about the ride from LOTB to PP? On the map it looks like it has one nice climb, then some rolling hills in O'Fallon Park over to Pence. Is this a well travelled trail and is it a decent ride? Didn't see it in the trail reviews...

Appreciate the feedback. :D

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
The trail is fairly easy with all a climb at the start (starting at LairObear). One or tow 15 ft tech sections but fast singletrack otherwise. It peaks, then drops to Pence park. Overall, it's a fast trail but fun. I can't remember he elevation gain. People generally ride it out and back and it can get really crowded on Weekends. Also, the connector from the parking lot along the river before the singletrack gets really crowded from hikers so keep speed down in this area. I'd suggest this trail either early or on a weekday if possible.

·
Sanitized4YourProtection
73 Posts
Hook it up from Falcon

Maybe this is old news, but last year I found out a cool way to do these trails from Mt. Falcon. After riding up Falcon from the lower lot, go across to Falcon's top parking lot. Follow the paved road down to Parmalee Gulch Road. After about 2 miles you will see a service station on your right. About 50 yards after the service station you'll see Bear Creek Trail taking off on your right. It's not marked per se, but it does have a hikers crossing sign pointing to it. Take Bear Creek Trail into LOTB, take that over to Pence, take the highway back, take a right before Morrison and you'll be back at Falcon's lower lot. A much better ride than traditional "Falcon."

·
Registered
770 Posts
David Banner said:
Maybe this is old news, but last year I found out a cool way to do these trails from Mt. Falcon. After riding up Falcon from the lower lot, go across to Falcon's top parking lot. Follow the paved road down to Parmalee Gulch Road. After about 2 miles you will see a service station on your right. About 50 yards after the service station you'll see Bear Creek Trail taking off on your right. It's not marked per se, but it does have a hikers crossing sign pointing to it. Take Bear Creek Trail into LOTB, take that over to Pence, take the highway back, take a right before Morrison and you'll be back at Falcon's lower lot. A much better ride than traditional "Falcon."
And if your legs are feeling pretty energetic...on the way down from LOTB on morrison rd. take a left onto grapevine rd...climb climb climb....over genesee to I-70 continue across I-70 to frontage rd, take that to Apex(ask Snowskillz for trail directions) head down or ride loops then hook that hit dakota/matthews/greenmountain, then back to falcon. now thats a ride! suppose you could do some type of figure 8 to include chimney in that. or perhaps BERGEN!!!!!

·
Registered
248 Posts
It's very tight and scary, no reason to ride it, actually...

the whole lair/pence/falcon/grapvine/front range riding sucks! Maybe moab or big bear or fruita would be a better place to visit.

PS. I am just joking as there has been an EXPLOSION of #'s of riders in the front range and us who live in the foothills would love to see less traffic, but the riding is stellar, if somewhat crowded at times. Contact me directly at [email protected] and I would be happy to show you some rides.

·
Registered
248 Posts
The connections are endless up there! If you are into the killer epic front range

rides, let me know and we shall ride. I love starting from golden and going over to white ranch, loop the top and down, up chimney, down apex, dakota to falcon to lair, up grapvine and down apex to home. It IS BIG, but fun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.