Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Where have you been for the last 3-4 years? Aaron had some financial problems and the company went a somewhat karpiel'ish way. I don't think that you can buy them anymore (and if you can that anyone in their right minds would). It's a shame as imho it was the only worthy gearbox bike I've seen so far. Though zerode prolly has a chance.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
burgundy snake said:
N, 36.6lbs...

:
37 pounds ??? not much a weight savings for price.......plus there is no way that rear end would last....I guarantee I would break that in less then 3 months

·
Banned
91 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
37 pounds ??? not much a weight savings for price.......plus there is no way that rear end would last....I guarantee I would break that in less then 3 months
Agreed!! The lower linkage hangs so low and the carbon looks thin. Still, these upstarts, however succesful or failed, all lead to new and better ideas! Don't know about ya'll, but I'm only just coming around to internal gearin (Rohloff) but imagine no more rear derailure foobars/smashings!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
57 Posts
that bike looks like it would take advantage of you if you got a little to drunk....or just force feed you roofies and have its way with you....completely understand why that bike never took.

·
Registered
30 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
37lbs with a gearbox, and more importantly 9lb with shock and ti spring (sans gearbox).

Durability well, Cameron Cole won the Jr. World Championship in '06 aboard this bike, and campaigned it for the rest of the season. I don't think you'd be able to dish out more punishment. The article does mention that the swingarm has taken hits, though has remained durable for 3 seasons.

An impressive bike imho.

·
Registered
9,992 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
That be a DH race bike - so ya, if you hucked it the way you do your m3 yes, you would kill it.

Its innovation. Definitely not for everyone :eekster:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
It's obvious why the bike died. And yes, I know Aaron had financial trouble and the company died. Any fool who is not too lazy to read would arrive at that conclusion. From design standpoint it is unconventional, innovative, and carbon; combined with outrageous stoke and a well written article from Perry. I'm looking forward to seeing Zerode enter the market. Nicolai has the gear boxes to lust over.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
When are you going to stop posting abosolute sh1t about things you know nothing about? Are you really so obsessed with impressing 16 year old boys with you 'knowledge'???

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
People still ride them an the last ones were made quite long ago so you are faaaaar away from the truth.

·
GAME ON!
4,965 Posts
it's still hideous. if it looked better it probably would've been more successful. i'm all for function over form, but if i can have the form to go with the function - sign me up.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.