Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK fellow Hommers, let's face it - bicycle paradise DOES EXISTS ! It's in north Italy and it's called Lago di Garda. Words just can't describe it, You have to see it for yourself. No matter what is your riding style, no matter if you ride road bike or MTB. Lake surface is 55m over sea level, highest mountains have a bit over 2000m over sea level. Average trip starts with 1500m high/15km long climb (about 5000ft over 10 miles), and if you pick the right track as a reward you get 2-3 hours of singletrack downhill :thumbsup:
One week I've spent there is is just a good start, next year I'll go there for at least 3 weeks (2 weeks riding, 1 week sight seeing). Almost every peak you'll see on pictures below is full of bicycle paths.

Here's a sample:

Attachments

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More pics

Attachments

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Nice pics. You need to get yourself down to Finale Ligure for some epic technical singeltrack. It's not far from there.

·
I love bike!
1,154 Posts
That just made sitting at my desk at work even more depressing than it already is. Looks incredible. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Great pictures! I am heading to Switzerland and Italy to ride in a few weeks and Lago di Garda is one of the destinations my buddies and I are considering.

Is most of the riding out of Riva del Garda or all around the lake? Any specific rides you recommend? Good bike shops?

I grew up near Finale Ligure and can second what Dibbs said. There are heaps of phenomenal riding down there, XC to DH. The "men's DH" track in Varigotti was prominently featured in NWD10 and Earthed 5.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
nybike1971 said:
Is most of the riding out of Riva del Garda or all around the lake? Any specific rides you recommend? Good bike shops?
Most of bike trails I know about are located on the northern part of the lake, so more or less near Riva del Garda and Torbole. We've explored few trails in Riva del Garda - Trentino - Molina di Ledro area and this place is AMAZING. We also spent 2 days riding east of Riva - to legendary Monte Baldo and it's also very nice place with epic uphills - 20km/2000m elevation ! Of course my DW-Spot and myself were first on the top - SC BLT2 and Pivot Mach5 came half an hour later ;).

As far as I know there are plenty of great DH/AM trails north of Riva del Garda, but haven't been there yet. That's why I just have to go there next year for at least 3 weeks....

And the shops - there are at least 3 in Riva del Garda and 2 in Torbole (including Mecki's). You can get spare parts, cloths, rent a bike (Cannondale, Felt etc.) - 100% A+ service.

serhij

1 - 18 of 18 Posts