Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 Niner EMD "Rootbeer" size small

Hi everyone this is my first post here, and also my first ground up bike build. Like to thank Rob at garrisons bike shop in DE for the smokin deal on the frame, and subsequent hook up on parts. Built for my friend Raquel as her first mountain bike to be used this summer single tracking in Aspen Co!

2011 Niner Emd Rootbeer size small
-full shimano slx 2/10 drive train "XT rear derailleur", SRAM hollow pin chain
-Rock Shox Reba RL fork
-mavic crossrock wheel tire system
-truevative stylo stem&seat post, niner flat bar
-fsa orbitX headset, niner YAWYD cap
-purple goodies:blackspire pedals, CK spacers, salsa clamp
- white goodies:arundel mandibal carbon bottle holder, esi grips, terry falconx seat

Im not sure how much it weighs but I'd guess much less than 25lbs!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Nice ride. The Rootbeer color looks real good.

I built up a small EMD for my GF also. Her is built up with XT/SLX crank, Fox fork, Blackspire chainrings, wheels, post from Loaded, 3T stem, and Easton EC70 carbon bar. Hers weighs in a ~27lbs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys Im really happy with how it turned out, rides so nice makes me want to build one for myself haha. Especially considering they have another candy red frame in medium! I went with rockshox over fox because they don't offer a non tapered steer tube 29' 9mm option anymore. Your right weights prob closer to 25-26...I was just basing it on feeling much lighter than my Santa Cruz Bronson C which I know is 27.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Man, you guys are putting together some solid builds for your Gfs. I would gladly take it in the pooper from one of you fine young gentlemen for a sweet Niner like that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha gross. Admittedly got carried away a bit. Kept thinking if it was mine would I want this part..or THAT PART!

·
DFL
1,398 Posts
Bathwater, you need to put down the bath salts!

Looks like a great bike you built for her, it's awesome she wants to ride. I bought my wife a mountain bike and she has ridden it exactly one time in ten years. I can't pay her to ride with me.

Sent from my iPad while drinking the kool aid.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks man yeah she's stoked to get out on it. Her first ride I was cringing half the time watching her launch off drops, and just generally hauled serious ass. "On my old clapped out Gary Fisher without a helmet no less!" Couldn't help thinking man I wasn't that good when I started haha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts