Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any chubby ladies out there who ride?

I'm 50 pounds overweight... It all started when I turned 40 and decided I could eat whatever I wanted because it didn't matter anymore... hence the 50 pound overweight issue. Climbing sucks now.

I ride a Fatback (snow bike) year-round in Alaska. I commute to work... The problem is that I love to eat... especially fast food and if it's fried... even better.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Not a lady, but I have the same issues... I love food. Luckily I have a physical job now, so i'm overall down about 40ish lbs from my heaviest. However i'm still overweight.

Why does everything so good have to be so bad???

·
Registered
406 Posts
Besides, you're not a Lady Clydesdale, you're an Athena.(at least in the current language among us cyclists) And that sounds nicer. And more complimentary. Ride more, worry less, enjoy.
+1 :thumbsup:

Is there not a ladies specific sub-forum here? I don't usually plug other forums, but Bike Forums has a Clydesdales & Athena's forum that has some ladies on it. That particular sub-forum isn't mountain-biking specific (covers all types of cycling), but everyone is super nice and supportive.

Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)

(ignore the weight classification, I think that is male-centric)

My lady mountain bikes some and we go on short bed & breakfast tours (on converted MTB's) together and she does some riding in the city, but she doesn't partake in any cycling forums - sorry!

I love food, particularly fried food too. I've finally realized that it doesn't matter how many calories I burn if I eat too much garbage. For me, it's time to switch over to healthier foods for the most part to make some progress on my weight issue. Though I'll still be a Clyde even if I get down to my "fighting weight" as that is about 205 pounds.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Have you considered low carb weight loss? You can eat double cheese burgers and bacon and eggs and snack on pork rinds to your appetite's content and loose weight doing it.

Just make sure you stay off the useless carbs and eat your high fibre veggies.

Me: 75 pounds lost, blood work is great, pressure is low and feel great.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I didn't pass much of anything, on Atkins. I went more high fiber and less eating, and that worked for me. Larger breakfast, smaller lunch, really small dinner. Gives you the whole day to burn any excess calories from breakfast.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So.... I tried Atkins again, but I stuck through hell week this time. I had to switch to a lighter bike for the first week and a half. I'm on week 3 and my energy is back to normal. I'm back on my Fatback (snow bike) and doing 2+ hour rides again. I've already dropped a size! I'm pretty stoked.

·
Registered
38 Posts
So.... I tried Atkins again, but I stuck through hell week this time. I had to switch to a lighter bike for the first week and a half. I'm on week 3 and my energy is back to normal. I'm back on my Fatback (snow bike) and doing 2+ hour rides again. I've already dropped a size! I'm pretty stoked.
Where is "Like" button here?

Oh, there it is :thumbsup:

:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.