Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey friends , I know their can be many issues on why I am getting strong lactic acid burn in my feet . My shoes fit fine , I don't strap them to tight , what else would cause this ?

Caaannn Uuuu Diigg It ?

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
I think what you're feeling in your feet must be something other than lactic acid build, which occurs in muscles. Your feet (and hands) are almost all tendons and ligaments. Maybe skin irritation? Tendonitis? What sorrrrt of paaaaiiiin/diiscooomfort iiiis iiit?

·
Registered
11 Posts
agree /c Gasp4Air. usually going to feel lactic acid burn in those bigger muscles ie thighs and calves. I'd consider some of the 'itis's' : tendonitis, plantar fasciitis, maybe heel spurs. Any circulation issues that you know of?

·
Professional Crastinator
6,198 Posts
Do your feet look like this?

ape-foot.jpg

You need to relax your grip a little. Maybe get some 510 shoes and some nice platforms.

Sorry. :lol:

-F

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No this is lactic , it's on the mid outside of the foot ! It's not irritation , my feet don't hinge in the middle , lol , they do have hair on the toes and top , but I don't think thTs the problem ! That **** burns , then wen I stop and rest a sec it goes away ! Maybe I need some new kicks , like those yellow crossmax , then I can ride like Jerome !

Caaannn Uuuu Diigg It ?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Im with the "itis" folks. I have a pair of dress shoes that are extremely comfy to wear when I'm doing nothing, but my feet will hurt if I have to walk very far or stand in one place very long in them. They're fine for all day non-repetitive-motion activity.

See a podiatrist if you cant get relief from better-fitting shoes.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I think your foot would cramp if there was enough in the muscle that is there to have been worked hard enough to reach that threshold. Doubt pedaling a bike would do it, but I am not a doctor.
More likely shoe fit, maybe a lower back issue.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nope it's lactic , fellows I'm in compleat tune with my body , I have had planters before , I know cramps , it's lactic build up in the outer side of my feet or mostly lft foot . If it's shoe fit what's missing , I would of sworn that somebody has had this before , but then again I'm a lil out of the norm . I have a third nipple ! Lol , maybe the middle strap is to tight , but I dosent feel like it .

Caaannn Uuuu Diigg It ?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think what you're feeling in your feet must be something other than lactic acid build, which occurs in muscles. Your feet (and hands) are almost all tendons and ligaments. Maybe skin irritation? Tendonitis? What sorrrrt of paaaaiiiin/diiscooomfort iiiis iiit?
Guys , you never had lactic buildup in your hands ? I have . The pain is a build up burning pain , then it will dissipate when the stress stops . It's not achy , not irritation , as if something is rubbing it raw . It's internal burn . It's gone now . I can walk fine with know pain . If it was any tendinitis , it would still hurt now ! It's mostly when I'm pedaling , up , down , flat , it dosent matter ! Weird yeah ?

Caaannn Uuuu Diigg It ?

·
Professional Crastinator
6,198 Posts
Guys , you never had lactic buildup in your hands ? I have . The pain is a build up burning pain , then it will dissipate when the stress stops . It's not achy , not irritation , as if something is rubbing it raw . It's internal burn . It's gone now . I can walk fine with know pain . If it was any tendinitis , it would still hurt now ! It's mostly when I'm pedaling , up , down , flat , it dosent matter ! Weird yeah ?

Caaannn Uuuu Diigg It ?
Maybe this will be more helpful:

Are you somehow twisting or rolling your foot when you pedal?

I ran into this briefly when I nearly sprained my ankle. My ankle joint was sort of unstable, but I was riding lightly anyway. When I was able to push it harder I began rolling my foot to the outside and I did build up some stress on the outside of my foot until all the muscles got their strength back.

If it's nothing like that, try changing shoes just for the heck of it.

-F

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Maybe this will be more helpful:

Are you somehow twisting or rolling your foot when you pedal?

I ran into this briefly when I nearly sprained my ankle. My ankle joint was sort of unstable, but I was riding lightly anyway. When I was able to push it harder I began rolling my foot to the outside and I did build up some stress on the outside of my foot until all the muscles got their strength back.

If it's nothing like that, try changing shoes just for the heck of it.

-F
It almost seems like that is what's happening to cause the pain . Thing is , as I remember , it was happening even when the shoes were new and on my clip in five tens also . Maybe I throw in one of my orthos .

Caaannn Uuuu Diigg It ?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I know LA can build up in your hanglow but definitely not the feets.
How can you say that , when I am telling you that I'm getting lactic in my feet ? I know what lactic acid is and how it feels . Do you have any idea what else it could be ?

Caaannn Uuuu Diigg It ?

·
Banned
19,198 Posts
How can you say that , when I am telling you that I'm getting lactic in my feet ? I know what lactic acid is and how it feels . Do you have any idea what else it could be ?

Caaannn Uuuu Diigg It ?

You know what it is, you posted that you did several times. Raise your Lactic Acid threshold.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts

·
EAT MORE GRIME
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
6,656 Posts
you can get this from undiagnosed diabetes (blood sugar too high, high ketones)

so, if you don't know your HbA1c, get that checked.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts