Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to plan a camping trip with a couple buddy's for the end of the month and we obv want to bike as well. Looking to keep it simple and just go to a state park, most likely Lackawanna.
Has anybody camped or biked there before? there's allegedly 15 miles of mtb trails.

·
921 Posts
Good camping, good trails but SLOOOOW to dry out. Other great trails in the area - Moosic Mt, Merli, Prompton. Personally I'd rather stay at one of the campgrounds near Prompton and ride mostly there. My $.02. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
There's more than 15 miles of trail there, closer to 22 I believe. Its my favorite place to ride (and it's the closest), but like other have said, it's the last place to dry out. It is drying out pretty good, I have a loop I've been doing the last week that has very minimal mud

·
Registered
54 Posts
Great trails! I wouldn't ride there yet. Last week was a bottomless pit of muck. Particularly the switchbacks on North Woods Trail between 438 and 407.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
still not sure what weekend i'll be there, but I know it won't be this week. my buddy is currently bikeless. he's looking to get a cannondale trail 29er this week hopefully.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well, my buddy is a bum and still has no bike so this trip is no longer happening :( , at least not in the near future

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's a great place to ride. I was there last year quite a few times. I stayed 10 weeks in Scranton/Dunmore.

I've ridden all over the US and Vancouver and I had a blast at LSP.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts