Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do we have anyone here who got a lace type regretting it? I like the idea of the good fit, but also like frame bags off the bikes when on hitch rack at speed for extended times. That's probably up to 5-10x a year for me. The plan is a custom partial (1/2) to fill space my custom bike has over prior.

Thank you.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I DIY'd a frame bag with a daisy chain all the way around the perimeter of the bag, so that i could lace it to the frame. it works well, and holds tight. takes a while to lace up, but it's sorta relaxing for me and i don't put it on & take it off all that often. plus, as wschruba says, could always replace the cordage with several pieces of one-wrap velcro if the bag's going to be put on and taken off frequently.

edit to add: and, in an extreme emergency, it's a good way to carry a decent amount of cordage (paracord, in my case).

Bicycle Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Tire Bicycle wheel rim

·
Something goes here...
2,109 Posts
I made my own half bag. The top is laced with Paracord and the seat and down tubes use Velcro. I very rarely take it off. The next one I make will be Velcro on the the ST and DT again but I'm going to have one side flip over the TT and clip into the other side. Thus, avoiding a zipper.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
504 Posts
I had a custom bag made by Rockgeist and I designed the fittings. I don't like how velcro is so loose and I don't like the time consuming lacing design. So I had them sew on "D" rings on one side and a velcro tab on the other. A rubber "O" ring is used to tie onto the D ring and then is pulled over to the side with the velcro loop which fastens the O ring. It fits the bag tight and tidy. Comes off quickly. Does not wear off your decals or leave scuff marks. The downtube part of the frame bag is attached to the water bottle braze-ons internally.
Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Crankset

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.